• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Forests Template

Elven Forest Template
By: Forsaken

A simple template of an Elven Forest; can be used for a short gameplay or cinematc.

if use give me credits :)

11kyuyx.jpg
2w69tg4.jpg
2wguo85.jpg

Version 1.0 - Updated in Hive
Version 1.1 - Some terrains and doodads changed, also, add fog for the map

Keywords:
Forsaken, Forest, Elven, Elven Forest, Night, River
Contents

Elven Forests Template (Map)

Reviews
08:34, 30th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See moderator's review and mini-mod's (eubz's) review regarding the map:

M

08:34, 30th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See moderator's review and mini-mod's (eubz's) review regarding the map:

Hell_Master;2505401 said:
Review emerges!

I had a look through your map because of the broken screenshots in the description but that does not matter for it's the terrain what matters but if you want, you could fix the descriptions.

The terrain is simply amazing as a start. Terrain has great details in it: wisely placed doodads and great destuctible usage, terrain's not flat and has good ground variation: those hills simply makes the terrain much better, terrain has good tile variations but those manmade tiles mixed with natural tiles looks a bit unfitting to the terrain, I would suggest sticking to natural tiles which you have started with the template and etc.

I would like to keep this simple and short but overall, this fits the standards and is a great terrain Template recommended for all. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

eubz;2505390 said:
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: eubz
Map Name: Elven Forests
Map Author: Forsaken
Map Uploader: Forsaken

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Though this map uses the UTM, it has its own original ambiance. You have made this template a feel of a forest. It also feels like a home for elves.

Score: 75/100
★ Special Recommendation ★

Presentation

Nice presentation. You have images to show a glance to what the map looks like. Though UTM has its own way of presenting the people who worked with the models therein, it is also better to tell us that you have used UTM in this project.

Score: 60/100

Terrain

The terrain has been beautifully decorated with correct doodads. Wise use of tile variations and because this is UTM, what more can I say about the doodad models but superb. It is on the mappers skill of using them that made this map the best. You are a good terrainer at this point.

Score: 80/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

You can add few neutral units to make this map alive.
You might want also to delete the custom loading screen because this is a template but that's just a very small issue.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 71.667/100
4/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_eubz.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: eubz
Map Name: Elven Forests
Map Author: Forsaken
Map Uploader: Forsaken

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Though this map uses the UTM, it has its own original ambiance. You have made this template a feel of a forest. It also feels like a home for elves.

Score: 75/100

Presentation

Nice presentation. You have images to show a glance to what the map looks like. Though UTM has its own way of presenting the people who worked with the models therein, it is also better to tell us that you have used UTM in this project.

Score: 60/100

Terrain

The terrain has been beautifully decorated with correct doodads. Wise use of tile variations and because this is UTM, what more can I say about the doodad models but superb. It is on the mappers skill of using them that made this map the best. You are a good terrainer at this point.

Score: 80/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

You might want also to delete the custom loading screen because this is a template but that's just a very small issue.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 71.667/100
4/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_eubz.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Last edited:
Level 30
Review emerges!

I had a look through your map because of the broken screenshots in the description but that does not matter for it's the terrain what matters but if you want, you could fix the descriptions.

The terrain is simply amazing as a start. Terrain has great details in it: wisely placed doodads and great destuctible usage, terrain's not flat and has good ground variation: those hills simply makes the terrain much better, terrain has good tile variations but those manmade tiles mixed with natural tiles looks a bit unfitting to the terrain, I would suggest sticking to natural tiles which you have started with the template and etc.

I would like to keep this simple and short but overall, this fits the standards and is a great terrain Template recommended for all. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

Level 22
Oh, thanks for the fast approval!

Nice template:) A bit too small, you also used the UTM again:/ gosh. Anyway the doodads are nicely placed all around the map. It's pretty enjoyable. 4/5 (because of the small map limit and big file size)

Thanks!

@eubz

Well, the template itself, don't have units, cause it's who will to edit the map that will place them.

@Hell_Master

Btw, the screenshots are normal to me.

Thanks for the feedbacks!