• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elfsilver's Epic Gallery of Epicness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elfsilver... Do not use burn, you can only use burn once you stop using burn because you will no longer need it... same goes for dodge.

Although that looks like something Confucius would say... it is the truth

"You can only master the burn once the burn has mastered you!"

Burn and dodge? No way man, its airbrushing with 15% pressure through a variety of dark reds, blacks, pinks, and whites.

Ok, here's a WIP of my concept of a Death Knight, based off the Arthas model.
DeathKnight2.jpg

I've just started a few minutes ago on the face. So far, so good. I still have to shade around the nose area, but I got the basics done.

OK, I was trying out shading spheres when I came up with this. The Hive Workshop's very own Christmas ornament.

HiveOrnament.jpg

See how that looks like it is covered with saran wrap? and same thing with your red orcs ears... dodge and burn does that... if you used a diff method the light looks more diffused and thus better... dodge and burn should only be used when you are making something that is glass, plastic or burnt.

Oh and the flag looks CnP, maybe it is just me. However, I like CnP... but others wont so you might want to change that. My philosophy is that if it looks good and doesnt piss anyone off it works.
-I am afraid thats not what the rest of the hive thinks though.

No, I am not trying to ruin your rep or get you and infraction, I am just trying to help you. So please dont take this as an assault on your ability to create art or your status as an artist... you are making art in the first place so that makes you an artist. I am just trying to take a lump of clay and turn it into a sculpture.

Of course, I already see where this skin is going..Blood Elf
You need to make sure you change enough on his face to make it look elvish
Pronounced cheek bones and good shading on his face are needed

Im skinning a younger version of kael, in his teenage years, so I want to stay out of the prounounced features and keep it softly shaded. I probably should add some more shadows underneath the jaw too.

Status
Not open for further replies.