• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elemental Wars [v.0.74]

It's Beta version of Elemental Wars. It's playable test version. It can have some bugs, but many of them have been fixed. Updates will include bug fixes, new modes, Elements, heroes and items, and for this moment I think the map will be updated often for some time. Please report any bugs or imbalances at forum (Elemental Wars topic). Map is protected.

Features:
-There are 4 Elements: Fire, Water, Air, Earth - each team have 2 non-opposite of them
-There are 3 hero classes: Mage, Ranger, Warrior
-12 unique heroes
-40 max level
-5 abilities per hero: 4 basic (up to 9 level of ability), 1 ultimate (4 levels) - many of them triggered or JASS Enchanced
-available mod: War Mode - AoS type
-original gold system - you don't get gold from killing creeps and heroes, but you must collect gold pieces dropped from units, then exchange it to gold in deposit. Killed hero drops 50% of carrying gold pieces
-Constructable Items and Elemental Items
-Unit's and Elemental's upgrades
-Neutral Creeps respawn
-up to 400% exp rate
-random elements and random heroes options
Contents

Elemental Wars [v.0.74] (Map)

Reviews
Mini-Me: Had some interesting ideas such as the gold system. Worth checking out. Aproved.

M

Mini-Me: Had some interesting ideas such as the gold system. Worth checking out. Aproved.

Level 8
Hey,
^^
Alright, I Like this map, Alot, but there are still a few things wrong with it.
1. The money and teleporting are in some diffrent language?
2. Why are there Footmen and Elves Vs Orcs and Undead, Shouldn't it be some kind of elements? Or are they just place Holders for now.
3. The forest are very plain and empty. I'd add 2 more lines, Just because to many AoS maps have just 3.

I Love the Storage system with how if you die and you didn't store your money you like drop it all. Thats awsome.

Also, The class names are a bit too generic. Fire Mage?
Why name Flame Dancer, Ranger of Flames, and the Flame Alchemist? I don't know, just a Suggestion.
Anyways, Awsome Map.
Keep Working On It!

-Calvin

Level 6
Thx for comment. I will fix this translation missed.

2. Why are there Footmen and Elves vs Orcs and Undead? Heh, because I decided that Elementals should be special units, which pawns standard units on higher levels :)
But in some version I will add "spawn only Elementals" setting xD

I uploaded new version, which fixes multiboard, and makes Storm Warrior full-playable. Now map takes about 900KB instead of 1.2 MB

Level 8
Awsome. =3
Oh, I Missed a something. xD
The Orc Umm... Lumber Mill? >_< And
The human one where you can make the Archers Dwarves, and the Humans, Huntresses, xD Those two on both sides are non-Translated too. >_<
its a awsome map. Keep up the good work. =3

Oh,
Whats the Football field for?! xD
-Calvin

Level 6
I updated 0.67 version to 0.68. I fixed missed translations, and miltiboard another bug (I think now it really works :)

What is the "football field" for? Heh it will be CTF arena :D but not I this pure form.

Next update probably in next week. I go sailing for 5 days.

Level 8
Oh I See. ^^
Well, I have some skill with map editing? >_<
I Can do some translations easy enough, Also,
The golds not translated yet. xD Can't believe I Missed that one. >_<

I Do lots with Triggers, importing models, and Abilities, xD
Just wondering?
I'd Love to help with this map! =D
Keep Working! ^^
-Calvin

Level 6
New version available.
-now all heroes are playable
-fixed missed translations
-added some items
-fixed some lag
-increased max basic ability level from 8 to 9
-changed some hero names, attributes

Now I will work on new items, CTF mode and 2 new Elements ^^

Enjoy!
And please leave some comments and rate.

Level 8
Allo Again! ^^
I'm happy with the new update, But I've found some... Bugs?!
Well, The Orc Side towers are still not Translated. Also, The Earth Lords Ring
or, what ever it may be called. Does not seem to work? I Had gotten the Ice Lords One
Fine Tho. Also, The Ice Mage? [I forgot his name, the lich] Well, his "Ice Prison" Is a very good move but it creates Lots of Lag.
While me and my brother played, Just me and him, I Was The Ice Mage, he was the Warrior of the Flame, it would lag everytime
I Used Ice Prison, but after a hour after we upgraded some of the units the lag was massive and it chrashed out my brothers Machine.
Thats all I Found so Far, Over and Out. ^^
-Calvin

Level 6
Thx for comment, I will fix the lag problem, if I will know what causes it (except of Ice Prison). New version availabel, fixed some bugs and changed hero picking. Now you summon it from portal (like from Tavern) and heroes have proper descriptions.

EDIT: Omg! I tested online and it looks like I added some bugs. I reupload 0.70 version and fix 0.71. then upload 0.71.

Level 8
Lol, xD
I'm sorry?! >_<
It still says .70?
So, I will kinda stay away till it says .70 ^^ Its a great map and I Hope to see
it developed into a widely played map!
I Noticed all the mode choosing squares.
Tell me, any Idea what the others are going to be?
Besides Capture the Flag? xD

Level 8
Lol, xD
I'm sorry?! >_<
It still says .70?
So, I will kinda stay away till it says .70 ^^ Its a great map and I Hope to see
it developed into a widely played map!
I Noticed all the mode choosing squares.
Tell me, any Idea what the others are going to be?
Besides Capture the Flag? xD
-Calvin

Level 6
I uploaded fixed 0.71 version. Now forest is not generated randomly, but I added neutral creep respawn. Neutral creeps also upgrade to stronger unit types during the game. Fixed some bugs (with abilities and multiboard). Reduced (removed?) lag with Ice Prison spell.

I see average mark lowered from 8 (1 vote) to 5.12 (3 votes), so it seems some persons voted about 3-4 without comment. Please don't vote bad without constructive comments, because I don't know which aspect of the game should be improved then.

Darkenneko_003: Possible mods are: CTF, Gladiator, FFA, Survivor. The first mode I will probably work on is CTF.

EDIT:
Update :0.72
-fixed hero selection (in some Elements combinations not all heroes were able)
-fixed items costs - now they are much cheaper
-reduced towers hp and attack rate
-added new items

EDIT: don't change loot chance option, it's bugged, I will fix it.

Level 6
Version 0.73 available.
-added mana costs and cooldowns to abilities tooltips.
-now each team starts with small Elementals in army
-fixed menu bug - now host can change Loot Chance

Next update in this year but I don't know exactly in which month. I have much work in last class in high shool - at the end of shoolyear I have "matura" exams, they're one of the most important exams in life.

Next update will probably contain 2 new Elements, new mode(s) and items.

EDIT: I had to optimize spells, so I updated to 0.74.