• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elador Griffith v7

Elador Griffith: Tale of Arcania v7

Please, comment and rate my map, I need your opinion and your suggestions about what to improve.

This is the map I worked for half a year, and at last it is complete (I hope). It is an RPG map, 8 heroes to choose, multiplayer mode supported, each hero has 4 generic abilities and one ultimate, 30 levels

of creeps and 30 levels of hero experience, the creeps respawn with time; 7 primary and 7 optional quests, custom artifact system: the two lower items of your inventory are buttons: the right one switches

between equipment mode and backpack mode, the left one rolls three windows 4 items each in both modes. To wield or equip an item, you need to pick it up (in backpack mode) and left-click it; to unequip - go

to equip mode and click it once again. Chargeable items stack. To talk with NPCs, right-click them as if you wanted to follow them. Active item abilities can be used through a special button on the control

panel. Read Hints to learn more, speak to Advisor to get answers on your questions.

I used many graphic resources from the Hive, they're all credited ingame.

1.23-compatible, 1.24 - not yet.

From now - custom save must work. For sure, please keep 2 different savings to alter and check them, because while tests sometimes on high levels I could save but couldn't load from that save any more.

v7 (6.03.2010, build 4907)
-Made it compatible with 1.24

v6 (26.07.2009, build 4903)
- Made it possible to use custom save, so the cache save system removed, and you won't be able to load old cache saves any more;
- Fixed the bug with Wizard's Charge reported;
- Fixed the bug with Ranger dying in Olympic Wrath reported (I hope);
- Excluded Memorandum quest item from drop list;
- Corrected a misprint (statup buttons);
- Changed the item system so that it can't lose handles anymore (including statup buttons bug reported), in exceptional case -dbg will help;
- Changed Witchcrafted arrow - now its range increases with skill level;
- Expanded Assassin's Mana Spark with evasion, now it's called Fervor;
- Made it possible to skip quest textwalls hitting the Esc key (except Advisor's hints);
- Moved all text to .wts file, so it's now possible to maintain different language versions of the map (currently developed Russian);
- Corrected some misprints (while moving text to .wts file ;-));
- Added three new text commands: -rh picks a random hero at the beginning, -ar picks random heroes for all the party, and -rand throws dice to divide loot.

v5 (25.05.2009, build 4712)
- Fixed the bug with Greater Healing potion and Greater Potion of Rejuveration reported;
- Fixed the bug with speaking to Advisor and clickng the inventory reported;
- Improved '-dbg' command;
- Fixed the quests where 5-charged items had to drop but didn't (margal Demonite gills in Margal Disease and scrolls of teleport in Castaway).

v4 (12.05.2009, build 4705)
- Just a small bug fix with the new item feature (some items could still drop in old way);
- Improved compatibility with older version save.

v3 (11.05.2009, build 4702)
- Fixed some bugs (didn't save some optional quest progress before);
- Fixed some time lags (loading lag and weather change lag);
- Fixed a bug that might cause disconnect during the last primary quest in multiplayer;
- Now, to acquire or purchase a new potion, scroll or other chargeable item to stack to the ones you already have, you don't need to have a free slot in your inventory (except you or other hero dropped that chargeable onto the ground). Each item that can be picked with no free slots, has a yellow-colored name;
- Corrected appearance of some decorations;
- Used a newer optimizer.

v2 (3.05.2009, build 4646)
- Fixed Witchcrafted arrow for the Ranger;
- Fixed the bug when Assassin affected with Vampiric decoction dies;
- Fixed Forge's sold items (it had an unique item instead of generic steel axe);
- Fixed Spell Shield bonus (it didn't work at all - funny but I don't know what I've done that fixed the bonus);
- Decorated the forests and the gnoll canyon;
- Changed visibility and minimap politics;
- Improved skill data displaying (Assassin's Vampiric decoction);
- Fixed some "wandering" handles that could cause some bugs;
- Made it possible to preview Hero skills and stats before selecting;
- Added mana cost to skill descriptions;
- Corrected a misprint (Barbarian's Avatar skill description);
- Changed Warlock's voice.

v1 (3.05.2009, build 4615)
- The map first released.

Keywords:
rpg, elador griffith, fantasy, tale of arcania, role playing game
Contents

Elador Griffith v7 (Map)

Reviews
20:59, 8th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Only skimming at the surface of the mod and it's really good. One thing though, change the warlock's voice thingy. He's not riding a horse you know. :)

Edit: Hella approved mate!
Edit 2: Now go make an attachment system for it. :)

Level 1
>>the time lag while loading should be fixed.
>>The dialogues are somehow fast at some points.
>>I should be able to see the abilities of the hero before I choose them. It will be easier to choose the hero.
>>As the camera is fixed then sometimes the camera creates odd scene. Like I was fighting 2 spiders present a little after the advisor. The camera showed me to be through the trees. Any solution?
>>I don't get any experience if a creep is killed by the tower of the town.
>>Isn't the terrain a bit too plain near the town? Also you are using one kind of tree? Variations are needed & a bit wildlife & doodad variety.
>>More info needed for the gamepaly. I am just killing creeps not knowing what to do.

Level 2
>>the time lag while loading should be fixed.
I have no time lags. Is it after you 'press any key', or during the dawn, or after you skip cinematics, or when you select a hero?
>>The dialogues are somehow fast at some points.
I'll check that once again.
>>I should be able to see the abilities of the hero before I choose them. It will be easier to choose the hero.
If this takes enough votes, I'll do something, however you can type -infobrb...-infowlk to learn something about the heroes (full list at -cmd hint).
>>As the camera is fixed then sometimes the camera creates odd scene. Like I was fighting 2 spiders present a little after the advisor. The camera showed me to be through the trees. Any solution?
1) use -cam; 2) in chase camera mode, use arrows. Occlusion is on, but it doesn't work in that way. Never treated this as a problem.
>>I don't get any experience if a creep is killed by the tower of the town.
And you won't get it. I think it is normal. Kill them on your own if you want to gain xp or gold.
>>Isn't the terrain a bit too plain near the town? Also you are using one kind of tree? Variations are needed & a bit wildlife & doodad variety.
This is the thing I'm not skilled in. I need some tutorial maybe. But I'll try to do something.
>>More info needed for the gamepaly. I am just killing creeps not knowing what to do.
Talk with NPCs. To activate the first quest, you should talk to Guard Captain (he has an exclamation mark over his head for this reason). The 4 NPCs stay back from you as you begin the game. And, talk to the Advisor if you still have questions.

Warlock's voice will be changed to the next version, but about attachments - I don't think it's a good idea, because the map is overloaded with media, and it is just under the critical size of 4 MB when it becomes unavailable for net play. No imports anymore.

Witchcrafted arrow of the Ranger seems to not work at all (however, my beta-testers never learned this skill :) ). Trying to debug it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait for some more of it before releasing the v2.

Level 4
> The dialogue speed is fine for me.
> I agree with previewing class info. Can you make it so that when you click the hero, you get a preview of the skills and not instantly select it?
> Make the Barbarian Mana thingy like WoW Warrior rage. :D
> Quest info are easily found though you have to have normal common sense to look around and find them.
> Terrains aren't everything in a mod. Sure it gives some brownie points but I've played mods with incredible terrain with little to no gameplay value.
> Having a bit of lag is inevitable... even if it's non-existent.
> If a person eats a burger in front of you, would you feel the burger going in your stomach?

Level 2
> I agree with previewing class info. Can you make it so that when you click the hero, you get a preview of the skills and not instantly select it?
One vote left to the threshold of laziness ^^
> Make the Barbarian Mana thingy like WoW Warrior rage. :D
Em... didn't play WoW for a Warrior, details please?
> Terrains aren't everything in a mod. Sure it gives some brownie points but I've played mods with incredible terrain with little to no gameplay value.
You're too late, I've already used all suitable kinds of trees that I found and added decorations and doodads xD
> If a person eats a burger in front of you, would you feel the burger going in your stomach?
:eekani: I must have skipped something important

EDIT: AAA! the forge sells Woodchopper instead of steel axe! don't purchase it, it's a bug >_<

UPDATE: What do you say now about the terraining? :cool:

Last edited:
Level 4
Em... didn't play WoW for a Warrior, details please?

Basically, you attack something and your rage (mana) pool builds up, letting you use your skills.

I must have skipped something important
I was making a(n) (epic phail) metaphor about how that other dude complained on how you don't get XP when a town tower kills a creep.

Edit: I loaded my save in v1 to v2 and lost two weapons, my rings, all quest logs, all gold, and all crystals. Weird but barbarian powah saves the day!

Last edited:
Level 4
I found an irritating bug.

If you press any inventory button near the Adviser, her dialogue options come up.

Level 2
if you buy a healing potion you will receive two and if you drop one and pick up again you will have three potions 0o

Level 2
I know, that's only with the Greater one. Next version, it will be fixed.

EDIT: grateful for all bug reports, maybe I'll upload v5 tomorrow (me=GMT+2 => tomorrow morning will become in 5 hours ^^)

UPDATE: Done it. Now Hiude and ShadownXP can find themselves in credits as testers ^^

Last edited:
Level 1
Bugs

Hi

Actually this is my first posting here ^^. I played your map and must say its very exiting. I played with a friend almost till the end and found a few bugs.

1. When King Arthur revived with ulti while having the scroll in the inventory u must bring to the 3 town chiefs or whatever, it just disappeard. This caused the mainquest to malfunction because u couldnt speak with the mage in the town while not having completed the other quest. ;) (yeah we messed up great ^^)
A few other items where gone too.

2. When ranger died in ulti his basedamage was reseted ( could be fixed with just doing ulti again but i thought i should tell u this.

3. When ranger died ( yeah i died often ^^) i almost everytime had to take off all my closes and take them on again 2 get the stats back.

4. I sometimes happend but only in singleplayer up to now that the attribut system messed up when i got a level up. It didnt close and i could use all points for them selves on all 6 slots but i didnt close again even after debug and unstuck self kill, so game was messed up.

And now one suggestion for making this map even better i hope u dont mind.
You could add a save/load system for multiplayer. My friend and i played up to 6 hours (could be more) and werent finished at all. ^^

Ok thats it from me. Hope u can use this. Keep up the great work i really like this map and i played a lot rpg-maps up till now.

MfG

Level 2
CeDou, I'm sorry, but it's a technical restriction: WarCraft doesn't save game cache to disk in multiplayer mode. I thought of a save code but it seems to be too long, or each of the players will have an own part of code and they won't be able to continue playing if at least one of them is absent. Look at only the size of information about inventory: 24 items = 12 eqiup (1 byte, there are exactly 256 of them ^^) + 12 backpack, each of which can have number of charges (4 bytes). I can press skills up to 11 bits, xp - 17 bits, but this is nothing against the array of items.

Level 1
Bugs again

Hi again,

now my friend played with merlin and skilled charge spell and the effect was:
1. He klicked on it
2. One of us down ... and not just dead or so , we where just gone no hero image nothing unstuck didnt work ^^

Another bug was that my friends klicked on satyr while i chatted with him and we couldnt complete the quest anymore because the quest to kill him had tripeld.

MfG

P.S. dont know if u read my earlier posting because it showed itself first today dont know why

Level 1
Hi

Actually this is my first posting here ^^. I played your map and must say its very exiting. I played with a friend almost till the end and found a few bugs.

1. When King Arthur revived with ulti while having the scroll in the inventory u must bring to the 3 town chiefs or whatever, it just disappeard. This caused the mainquest to malfunction because u couldnt speak with the mage in the town while not having completed the other quest. ;) (yeah we messed up great ^^)
A few other items where gone too.

2. When ranger died in ulti his basedamage was reseted ( could be fixed with just doing ulti again but i thought i should tell u this.

3. When ranger died ( yeah i died often ^^) i almost everytime had to take off all my closes and take them on again 2 get the stats back.

4. I sometimes happend but only in singleplayer up to now that the attribut system messed up when i got a level up. It didnt close and i could use all points for them selves on all 6 slots but i didnt close again even after debug and unstuck self kill, so game was messed up.

And now one suggestion for making this map even better i hope u dont mind.
You could add a save/load system for multiplayer. My friend and i played up to 6 hours (could be more) and werent finished at all. ^^

Ok thats it from me. Hope u can use this. Keep up the great work i really like this map and i played a lot rpg-maps up till now.

MfG

Thats what i wrote hope u can see it now :)

Level 3
I have played this RPG extensively with a friend AND beat it the other day after a full speed session of buttkicking. What does full speed mean? It means that a friend and I have played your map with every class about 7 times now from the beginning with no save and knew where (nearly) everything was already and what classes to pick in order to handle the insane lategame difficulty.

Here is my full review of your map:

BUGS

We have noticed some pretty major bugs: Namely the "no option to respawn" bug, the "I have to reequip all my items on death for ranger to get his bonuses back bug" and the "I can move while using Olympic Wrath bug". One other serious bug is in the SATYR quest. If you select the option to kill the satyrs and then right click on the main satyr again to talk to him before he turns hostile, he acts as if you first talked to him again and the questline resets. This breaks the quest, because he'll turn hostile, but you need to talk to him to progress the quest again.

Speaking of major bugs, whenever your mage class (Merlin) uses the spell "Charged Bolt", he removes nearby allies off the map! Basically, when my ally used charged bolt, my hero just disappeared completely and was unable to come back... the -DBG command will not save him..

Want more? Here's another bug: When the barbarian goes avatar and uses whirlwind (not really sure what is the timing of it) he gets permabugged sometimes. That is, the game thinks he is always in whirlwind mode (even when avatar ends) and he can't use any abilities (even cleave). The only ability that is available is his endurance aura. While in this bugged state the berserker controls normally and hits ppl normally (he's not whirlwinding, the game just disables his abilities as if he were..) but can't use any abilities for the rest of the game (even when he gets ressurected from death).

CLASSES

Also, we have noted a major class imbalance:

Assassin is by far the most underpowered and useless character in the game. He is like a melee glass cannon that is FAR out damaged by every other DPS in the game. In particular, backslide is nearly completely useless (it has casting delay too..), and his ultimate skill that makes him do more damage when having less health is a god damn crime. Considering that mid-late game there are guys that can 3 shot your assassin (even with godly items), this ability is completely worthless. Backslide is a bad move for a DPS hero because it adds no DPS to a hero that (oodly enough) barely has any moves that give him damage. You blink backwards and stun 5 enemies for 2 seconds. 2 seconds is exactly enough time to run back to the enemy and hit them again just as they recover, which is completely pointless...There is only one reason to play assassin in your map, and that is that he can lifesteal majorly if he gets the helm on his "blaze" set, which may or may not appear.. Of course once you get this item, his first lifesteal ability becomes pointless. Also, the barbarian can get lifesteal too from an item... so why play the assassin when the barbarian can tank and do the same (if not more) damage? The best use of the assassin is his manabreak, too bad only 20% or less of the enemies in the game have mana.

King Arthur, the Priest class, and the Bear class are OK. However without a good DPS ally to help you these classes quickly become useless. Of these three, the Bear is probably the best. Why? 30 second multi stun?! Yeah that's pretty good. King Arthur is only good for his bouncing chain stun, and the priest's mediocre damage magic are the only thing saving him from being complete crap. Why? Because lategame healing becomes worthless once your barbarian gets lifesteal from an item. Healing is also practically not even worth it for lategame DPS heroes because they just get 2 shot by enemies anyways.. Also, with town portal scrolls giving you instant teleport out (ALA Diablo), I can just go heal at town fully and then teleport back... Also, lategame the enemies are so tough, all of these classes put out virtually no damage except for the priest.

The Barbarian, Ranger, Merlin and Warlock classes: These are the best classes in the game. The barbarian is a better tank than King Arthur is by 20234852 times, which kind of makes King Arthur pointless. The Ranger can critical to over 10000 damage. The ranger (played with a friend) is one of the best classes in the game. Merlin and the warlock are good because magic moves are VERY important lategame. When every enemy has over 150 armor, I was taking tiny chunks off an enemy's life with my fully leveled totally decked out dmg maxed barbarian. King Arthur's chain stun did more damage than my Barbarian's 500 dmg hit. The only thing that made my barbarian better was because he attacked super fast and had lifesteal from an item, effectively making him unkillable. Too bad it took 2 minutes to kill one enemy. Other than the ranger, all physical DPS classes are REALLY REALLY weak lategame. There are no weapons strong enough in the game that can put a serious dent in lategame enemy armor. This is why Merlin and the Warlock become so important, and why the Assassin totally sucks. The Assassin is infinitely weaker DPS wise than the barbarian (with his dual wielding) and the Ranger with his critical hit. Merlin and the warlock are really good because you can get craploads of INT in this game from items and because their magic is NOT reduced by armor. Lategame, a mage like merlin is absolutely essential to killing enemies faster than it takes to grow molasses.

QUESTS/PROGRESSION

Yes, we beat the game, at the undead stage it got so hard we had to run straight past several large piles of enemies to progress the questline instead of killing them. Yes, we got every single item in the game from the Panda vendor. It's funny to note that if you get Vyntor (the troll dude that finishes the quest that gives you the Panda) killed, then you might as well quit the game. This caused a bit of serious frustration due to the fact that the Panda is that important.. Also note that the Panda sells a quest item that we never needed for the main quest line (a scroll that asks you to talk to the three chieftains of the various villages).

Overall, there seems to be a serious amount of wasted areas in this game with no signficance (the area where the golems are and the gnoll cave) as there's no real reason to kill the weak enemies there. Also, the murlock area was the most annoying to run through. It has the ugliest terrain and barely enough enemies to make lvling here efficient. The Hydra killing quest forces you to run a huge circle around the entire murlock area, which was very time consuming. Personally, we think that you should put more weaker killable enemies on the map instead of putting a couple enemies that have 10000 life and 150 armor and take 5 minutes to kill. The kobold area was by far the best lvling area in the game due to having the most enemies in it. More enemies also lends use to AOE attacks which are generally not recommended when you can hit enemies for more damage (for physical DPS classes anyways) and lifesteal at the same time.

We never found out where the crystal skull for the murlock quest was (after being literally everywhere..), and we never talked to that Illidan looking fellow with wings. Otherwise, everything else to our knowledge was beaten. The placement of a Gnoll Chieftain just south east of town is pretty weird, as it made the quest involving him really easy to do.

One final note here, the end of the game was infinitely easier than the undead area. But perhaps you meant to do this. Also you need some way of skipping to the next paragraph of dialogue in your quests. It was annoying having to wait for huge walls of text to disappear.

SAVING

We have a big issue with saving. Yes I understand that the save code will be very long, but I don't care if I have to spend 2 entire minutes typing that thing out. Without a save/load system this map has practically zero multiplayer significance. We had to replay your map 7 times with some serious dedication just to beat it. Also, if you don't pick the right classes (for the reasons above) your are totally screwed. In a map with basically no chance of winning alone, having no multiplayer save/load this is pretty sadistic. Besides, there are heroes such as the ranger that practically MUST be played multiplayer, who are now useless.. If you're going to make your game singleplayer, then you should make every class able to solo (which is why having a priest class makes no sense). We have tried saving the game using warcraft 3's save function and loading it again. This actually works, but all the quests become broken! Also, you can't talk to anyone after you load a saved game, which is of course, gamebreaking. It is pretty amazing there are even 2 ppl on the planet dedicated enough to beat your map.

TERRAIN

Also, just throwing it out there, your terrain is pretty bad relative to any RPG of quality. Trees are one thing, but more doodads are a must. Hours and hours of traversing extremely bland nearly empty terrain (especially the murlock area) is painful to say the least. The transformation at the end however was pretty impressive, but at that point we didn't care.

LAST WORDS

However. Everything else in your RPG is very very AWESOME. Your hero ability ideas are the best part. We were very impressed with how well made they were. We also liked how many items you made, and how there are actually set items as well that give crazy bonuses. My favorite part? Your Panda Vendor that sells a constantly rotating selection of items. Despite all the things I said, I still believe your RPG is somewhere in the top 20 best warcraft rpgs. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Level 2
0_o this post grows every time i look on it

Most bugs are corrected and won't appear on v6, but some of them are caused with deep warcraft code, on which I have no influence. I'll just try to make the same things with other code to avoid warcraft's own leaks.
The Ranger can critical to over 10000 damage
Maybe 1000? I can't imagine physical attack 2000+ on my map.
About the classes, and especially assassin. Everyone who played my map liked some classes and hated some others. But none of the characters was considered useless at all. There are people who can go through all the map for assassin alone. Mask of Death gives 50% vampiric, but this STACKS with her first skill, giving 125%! If you play assassin, you should select the second option in satyr quest to receive the knife which gives critical attack. AND, backslide is NOT for stunning and returning into the battle, it is for escaping from the battlefield. Assassin needs to improve all three attributes on all levels. Try teamplaying assassin with cleric: her low health and ultimate damage will alternate with healing, and it will be less risk for her and at one time much damage.
Some people said that paladin is much better tank than barbarian is; some quarrel that merlin is neither support nor damage dealer. I think it's all tactics and habits, no matter to change something radically. Just, everyone should select the hero he thinks the strongest, and, if it will be different heroes, then it's possible to teamplay!

I must give a cue about that skull. It is 4 inches far from the place you find the scroll starting this quest. Really. And Illidan will give you a quest after you reach level 20, with the same quest item you found in panda's stack.

Now, I'm working on save code, and thanks for the information about generic save. I didn't know that it works at all.

Level 3
Yeah, I mistyped an extra zero for the ranger. I meant over a 1000 damage. Needless to say though, tanks are not even needed in your map. I beat your map again with a warlock and the ranger and between finger of death and those ranger criticals, nothing could touch us.

I have concluded that magical damage dealing classes are the best. Warlock and Merlin do the most damage because the magic goes straight through the huge lategame armor. With extra abilities from items things get really ridiculous. The warlock can tank just fine when he gets the spirit strike spell that heals him. I can kill just about anything in one hit with finger of death, and Meteor is downright godly. The hardest area of the game was the large pile of undead you had just before the Node. No other characters except Merlin and the Warlock could deal with them effectively.

The ranger is the only class that can hurt more than a tiny tick off lategame enemies. Enemies have so much armor and health lategame that tanks and healing classes are practically useless because what is really needed is massive DPS in your map. The only redeeming quality about King Arthur is his chain stun. Why play King Arthur or your Assassin when you can play Barbarian? He is better than both. Not only can Barbarian get lifesteal (Hatred set), he can also wear better items. His lifesteal makes him unkillable. He can dualwield 2 main hand weapons, allowing for him to do a lot more damage than both King Arthur and the Assassin.

Sure the assassin can stay alive with his lifesteal, but again, doing more DPS is way more important in your map and the Barbarian can tank, heal himself, max his attack speed AND do more damage. Tanking is practically useless when the enemies can't even take my pure INT warlock down fast enough before dying. Also, if the Assassin gets stunned... he dies. The Barbarian can at least heal himself and use whirlwind in order to avoid stun.

Backslide is pretty bad because it has some kind of lag time before the teleport which usually gets the assassin killed. Besides, backslide is useless because you have an even better move, it's called town portal. Whenever we're in danger one of us just town portals out instantly then comes back at full health. Also, if the assassin has the mask of death (50% lifesteal) than he never needs to escape from battle. What is the point? By escaping from battle the assassin is just wasting our time because we need him to do the DPS he barely has. With a mask of death, the assassin will never get to use his ultimate either. What's the point of teaming with a cleric when you can only use your ultimate for a couple hits before getting healed anyways? Also, you would never want to leave an assassin below 50% of his health because he'll get one shot by any lategame enemy. So essentially, his ultimate barely sees any use. I would easily trade it for any other character's ultimate. Also, my friend reports that the Assassin's moves cost way too much mana... If the assassin needs to improve all his attributes on all 3 levels, then he'll be inferior to those that can focus their attributes in one area. It's funny that the Assassin's DPS also heavily depends on one item (the knife that gives critical) that is so easily missable. Selecting the second option in the Satyr quest is by far the least obvious. By using that knife that gives critical, the assassin loses out on being able to use more damaging knives as well.

Oh, and btw the Ranger can also wear the mask of death ... any lifesteal over 20% is already enough to make a DPS character such as the barbarian immortal.

I doubt there are any players out there that have played this map more extensively than us. We finished Illidan's quest the other day but the reward was pretty bad. We still have no clue exactly where the skull is, but I'm guessing it doesn't pop out of those murlocks directly below the message..

Also 2 more Bugs:

1. Sometimes, not really even sure how this happens, the Ranger will lose the ability to use town portal scrolls permanently and also completely lose control of himself permanently when clicked to follow another character. The DBG command won't fix this when the Ranger is alive. But if you get him killed THEN use DBG then he returns to normal. This happened twice in the same game.

2. The scroll for Illidan's quest dropped out of a random creep which made no sense...

Level 2
We have tried saving the game using warcraft 3's save function and loading it again. This actually works, but all the quests become broken!

What means broken? Quest logs got cleared? replaced with "? - Not discovered" or just disappeared? quest items stop dropping from creeps? Or what? I've already fixed the possibility to talk to npcs after loading, but my quests at all were correct.

EDIT: hmm... he seems to have gone for a vacation, so I'll get no answer to my question. Probably I'll release v6 soon.

Last edited:
Level 3
map is good but i wil tell what suck on this map very first this map dont have save than its no fun to play even.. and lock cam on hero i hate it.. and most all ppl hate it... and exp is bad u can put a little bit more xp.. and htats it fi u do that its ok.. but first.. fix to be save in this map if dont have save no fun to play!

Level 3
wtf in this map is not save i write -save it not save.. thna what i need write lol?

{EDIT}
and fix plzz take off the lockcam its so suck!!! cuz i cant se what is further i go to strong mobs or not or i go to blocked way or not... put offf lock cam plzzz and tell me how to save lol cuz i write -save /save nothing happen :p

i write -custom save/-save custom/-custom nothing happen wtf????????/// HOW TO SAVE OMG?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Captain Obvious says that you need to press F10 and then press the "Save Game" button.
And, I'll not change the camera: when it is unlocked, it often happens, that net players lose attention on their heroes and annoy their allies dying suddenly or not healing when it is needed. You can type -cam to switch to flight mode. And, you won't anyway see whether the next mobs are strong or not, they're hidden within the fog of war.

Level 3
omg lol f10 save? ur mpa suck than... thna it need play i single mode lol.. not in server where is many ppl.... ok... ur map suck 0/5

{EDIT}
stilll unlock cam sucks... all pl say that.. maby10% like locked cam but 90% dont like

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
em... F10 save works even in multiplayer...
And, if you can't get on with the camera, it's your problems. Seriously. Many things on the map are made according to the locked camera principle. And, everyone I know uses both camera modes perfectly. Only Ranger with his 800 attack range suffers a bit, but he needs a companion in front of him anyway.
If this map was 0/5 for you, you'd not speak so much of it, you'd find another map. And, in comparison to the other people here who speak normal language and not double-post, you look like a troll.

Level 3
omg lol multiplayer work so.. i will save.. but the same ppl wont come play again..!!!!!!! in multiplayer that noobs dont understand they will not come again... need play in lan to use f10 not in multiplayer its work but u cant load than ur map suck

Level 3
Hey sorry to be away for so long. Yeah the gamebreaking with the F10 saving was just because you can't talk to people (which you have fixed). I noticed that you didn't mention fixing the Satyr quest, but all your improvements seem to be just what this map needs! As far as I know, past a full blown multiplayer save/load code (which you said is difficult in this particular instance), your map is great as it is.

Don't listen to that other guy, he's just a troll. This map far from sucks I'd give it a 10/10 if it weren't for the terrain.

To be honest, what motivated us to play so many times in the past was really the cool set items you made. I guess more items is really the only thing I can suggest aside from terrain. But really, what you have done is already enough for one of the best RPGs on the Hive, what I especially like is pressing the ESC option for the next line is text. I can't tell you how good this feature is when 99.99% of the RPGs out there senselessly make you wait.

Excellent map!!

Level 4
1.24. Is out. 8 MB patch. Make attachments. :)

Oh, we'll be waiting. Waiting indeed.

Level 2
Sorry for such a long give-up, I worked on another map, and now this one has finally became compatible with TFT 1.24. My friend came to me and asked my map, and I realized that she has TFT 1.24, and this map won't work upon it, so I rewrote it quickly ^^

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to change the description, it IS compatible with 1.24 and ISN'T with 1.23.

Last edited:
Level 4
You could improve the desciption some more. Is there a storyline? Estimated hours of gameplay? is it heavily story-driven or grinding/free-roaming/boss killing driven?

Level 9
after dling this map with potential, im here to rate ur map.

lets be positive 1st.
(+) i see much potential for this to win TKoK. Just not ebough custom 'things' that spice up the game.
(+) nice spells, i see some that were on THW.

Neutral:
(=) gameplay is just ok.

Negative:
(-) heroes were imba. assassin was really useless.
(-) saving was just...
(-) no point in this game, no story.
(-) terrain was meant to be in neutral, but now its...
(-) bossfights? u call it bossfights? its just spamming a high hp, high dmg, high def guy.

i rate it 2/5 because i see potential in this. because of that word, im giving u advice on ur map. 1st, a save/load code for u: Code Generator
its a simple code gen, but useful.
next, find a better terrainer.

Level 1
Some improvement plz xD

this map was great and awesome!!!
but there is some improvement need to add into this map!! seriously to become the greatest map!!
the improvement are :
1. a command and some guide for this map...
2. monster need to add more and change the respawn time.
3. make a easy save/load system in single and multiplayer mode like any other nowadays rpg.
4. the drop rate % and lvl of item droped by certain lvl of monster. for example: lvl1 spider drop a lvl12 sword that can buy forge, kinda unlogic...
5. quest have done... why no reward, at least some money or exp... T_T
6. the camera on a character need to change into non lock-on. *mean can free to look anyway in the map but not by looking on the character*-main problem- >_<
7. can you increase the character lvl until lvl99 and some extra attribute? xP

that all, this improvement may look hard and some unpleasant to you...
pls take a concern to this improvement coz this may able to make this map famous!!!
I ALWAYS SUPPORT THIS MAP!!!!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There are some minor things to fix and the map would just be good.
For instance:
-items/potions need to have a fast (0 seconds?) recharge rate in the shops to avoid waiting
-the terrain needs more work
-camera lock affects ranged heroes in that the screen offers less vision than the attack range of that hero in some areas of the map (highlands)

There are some other weird bugs for some spells especially related to Merlin's. This hero also does not receive an attribute opting inventory as the Barbarian does after leveling up. I was player 1 and my friend was player two (purple).
The first time the Barbarian resurrected crashed the game. After restarting the map, it worked fine.

I enjoyed the inventory system. It's an interesting design. I also liked the portal technique.

I had to not finish the map because in two players (whilst the map suggests 1-8) it gets extremely time consuming from Xander's opening of the portal onward.