Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Elador Griffith v7

Submitted by ANdROnIQ
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Elador Griffith: Tale of Arcania v7

Please, comment and rate my map, I need your opinion and your suggestions about what to improve.

This is the map I worked for half a year, and at last it is complete (I hope). It is an RPG map, 8 heroes to choose, multiplayer mode supported, each hero has 4 generic abilities and one ultimate, 30 levels

of creeps and 30 levels of hero experience, the creeps respawn with time; 7 primary and 7 optional quests, custom artifact system: the two lower items of your inventory are buttons: the right one switches

between equipment mode and backpack mode, the left one rolls three windows 4 items each in both modes. To wield or equip an item, you need to pick it up (in backpack mode) and left-click it; to unequip - go

to equip mode and click it once again. Chargeable items stack. To talk with NPCs, right-click them as if you wanted to follow them. Active item abilities can be used through a special button on the control

panel. Read Hints to learn more, speak to Advisor to get answers on your questions.

I used many graphic resources from the Hive, they're all credited ingame.

1.23-compatible, 1.24 - not yet.

From now - custom save must work. For sure, please keep 2 different savings to alter and check them, because while tests sometimes on high levels I could save but couldn't load from that save any more.

Change log
v7 (6.03.2010, build 4907)
-Made it compatible with 1.24

v6 (26.07.2009, build 4903)
- Made it possible to use custom save, so the cache save system removed, and you won't be able to load old cache saves any more;
- Fixed the bug with Wizard's Charge reported;
- Fixed the bug with Ranger dying in Olympic Wrath reported (I hope);
- Excluded Memorandum quest item from drop list;
- Corrected a misprint (statup buttons);
- Changed the item system so that it can't lose handles anymore (including statup buttons bug reported), in exceptional case -dbg will help;
- Changed Witchcrafted arrow - now its range increases with skill level;
- Expanded Assassin's Mana Spark with evasion, now it's called Fervor;
- Made it possible to skip quest textwalls hitting the Esc key (except Advisor's hints);
- Moved all text to .wts file, so it's now possible to maintain different language versions of the map (currently developed Russian);
- Corrected some misprints (while moving text to .wts file ;-));
- Added three new text commands: -rh picks a random hero at the beginning, -ar picks random heroes for all the party, and -rand throws dice to divide loot.

v5 (25.05.2009, build 4712)
- Fixed the bug with Greater Healing potion and Greater Potion of Rejuveration reported;
- Fixed the bug with speaking to Advisor and clickng the inventory reported;
- Improved '-dbg' command;
- Fixed the quests where 5-charged items had to drop but didn't (margal Demonite gills in Margal Disease and scrolls of teleport in Castaway).

v4 (12.05.2009, build 4705)
- Just a small bug fix with the new item feature (some items could still drop in old way);
- Improved compatibility with older version save.

v3 (11.05.2009, build 4702)
- Fixed some bugs (didn't save some optional quest progress before);
- Fixed some time lags (loading lag and weather change lag);
- Fixed a bug that might cause disconnect during the last primary quest in multiplayer;
- Now, to acquire or purchase a new potion, scroll or other chargeable item to stack to the ones you already have, you don't need to have a free slot in your inventory (except you or other hero dropped that chargeable onto the ground). Each item that can be picked with no free slots, has a yellow-colored name;
- Corrected appearance of some decorations;
- Used a newer optimizer.

v2 (3.05.2009, build 4646)
- Fixed Witchcrafted arrow for the Ranger;
- Fixed the bug when Assassin affected with Vampiric decoction dies;
- Fixed Forge's sold items (it had an unique item instead of generic steel axe);
- Fixed Spell Shield bonus (it didn't work at all - funny but I don't know what I've done that fixed the bonus);
- Decorated the forests and the gnoll canyon;
- Changed visibility and minimap politics;
- Improved skill data displaying (Assassin's Vampiric decoction);
- Fixed some "wandering" handles that could cause some bugs;
- Made it possible to preview Hero skills and stats before selecting;
- Added mana cost to skill descriptions;
- Corrected a misprint (Barbarian's Avatar skill description);
- Changed Warlock's voice.

v1 (3.05.2009, build 4615)
- The map first released.

Keywords:
rpg, elador griffith, fantasy, tale of arcania, role playing game
Contents

Elador Griffith v7 (Map)

Reviews
20:59, 8th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 20:59, 8th Mar 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only skimming at the surface of the mod and it's really good. One thing though, change the warlock's voice thingy. He's not riding a horse you know. :)

Edit: Hella approved mate!
    Edit 2: Now go make an attachment system for it. :)

3. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    >>the time lag while loading should be fixed.
    >>The dialogues are somehow fast at some points.
    >>I should be able to see the abilities of the hero before I choose them. It will be easier to choose the hero.
    >>As the camera is fixed then sometimes the camera creates odd scene. Like I was fighting 2 spiders present a little after the advisor. The camera showed me to be through the trees. Any solution?
    >>I don't get any experience if a creep is killed by the tower of the town.
    >>Isn't the terrain a bit too plain near the town? Also you are using one kind of tree? Variations are needed & a bit wildlife & doodad variety.
    >>More info needed for the gamepaly. I am just killing creeps not knowing what to do.

4. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have no time lags. Is it after you 'press any key', or during the dawn, or after you skip cinematics, or when you select a hero?
    I'll check that once again.
    If this takes enough votes, I'll do something, however you can type -infobrb...-infowlk to learn something about the heroes (full list at -cmd hint).
    1) use -cam; 2) in chase camera mode, use arrows. Occlusion is on, but it doesn't work in that way. Never treated this as a problem.
    And you won't get it. I think it is normal. Kill them on your own if you want to gain xp or gold.
    This is the thing I'm not skilled in. I need some tutorial maybe. But I'll try to do something.
    Talk with NPCs. To activate the first quest, you should talk to Guard Captain (he has an exclamation mark over his head for this reason). The 4 NPCs stay back from you as you begin the game. And, talk to the Advisor if you still have questions.

Warlock's voice will be changed to the next version, but about attachments - I don't think it's a good idea, because the map is overloaded with media, and it is just under the critical size of 4 MB when it becomes unavailable for net play. No imports anymore.

Witchcrafted arrow of the Ranger seems to not work at all (however, my beta-testers never learned this skill :) ). Trying to debug it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait for some more of it before releasing the v2.

5. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    > The dialogue speed is fine for me.
    > I agree with previewing class info. Can you make it so that when you click the hero, you get a preview of the skills and not instantly select it?
    > Make the Barbarian Mana thingy like WoW Warrior rage. :D
    > Quest info are easily found though you have to have normal common sense to look around and find them.
    > Terrains aren't everything in a mod. Sure it gives some brownie points but I've played mods with incredible terrain with little to no gameplay value.
    > Having a bit of lag is inevitable... even if it's non-existent.
    > If a person eats a burger in front of you, would you feel the burger going in your stomach?

6. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One vote left to the threshold of laziness ^^
    Em... didn't play WoW for a Warrior, details please?
    You're too late, I've already used all suitable kinds of trees that I found and added decorations and doodads xD
    :eekani: I must have skipped something important

EDIT: AAA! the forge sells Woodchopper instead of steel axe! don't purchase it, it's a bug >_<

UPDATE: What do you say now about the terraining? :cool:

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  7. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Basically, you attack something and your rage (mana) pool builds up, letting you use your skills.

I was making a(n) (epic phail) metaphor about how that other dude complained on how you don't get XP when a town tower kills a creep.

Edit: I loaded my save in v1 to v2 and lost two weapons, my rings, all quest logs, all gold, and all crystals. Weird but barbarian powah saves the day!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try to load again, this is a lag that causes Warcraft to crush some load functions. But if your weapons were Woodchoppers, then sorry - I said that it was a bug to sell em in the forge.

9. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    v4: Sorry for the immediate update, just couldn't sleep knowing that someone is playing the version with the bug >_<.

10. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found an irritating bug.

If you press any inventory button near the Adviser, her dialogue options come up.

11. ShadownXP

ShadownXP

Resources:
    Resources:
    if you buy a healing potion you will receive two and if you drop one and pick up again you will have three potions 0o

12. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know, that's only with the Greater one. Next version, it will be fixed.

EDIT: grateful for all bug reports, maybe I'll upload v5 tomorrow (me=GMT+2 => tomorrow morning will become in 5 hours ^^)

UPDATE: Done it. Now Hiude and ShadownXP can find themselves in credits as testers ^^

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  13. Zivi0815

Zivi0815

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs

Hi

Actually this is my first posting here ^^. I played your map and must say its very exiting. I played with a friend almost till the end and found a few bugs.

1. When King Arthur revived with ulti while having the scroll in the inventory u must bring to the 3 town chiefs or whatever, it just disappeard. This caused the mainquest to malfunction because u couldnt speak with the mage in the town while not having completed the other quest. ;) (yeah we messed up great ^^)
    A few other items where gone too.

2. When ranger died in ulti his basedamage was reseted ( could be fixed with just doing ulti again but i thought i should tell u this.

3. When ranger died ( yeah i died often ^^) i almost everytime had to take off all my closes and take them on again 2 get the stats back.

4. I sometimes happend but only in singleplayer up to now that the attribut system messed up when i got a level up. It didnt close and i could use all points for them selves on all 6 slots but i didnt close again even after debug and unstuck self kill, so game was messed up.

And now one suggestion for making this map even better i hope u dont mind.
    You could add a save/load system for multiplayer. My friend and i played up to 6 hours (could be more) and werent finished at all. ^^

Ok thats it from me. Hope u can use this. Keep up the great work i really like this map and i played a lot rpg-maps up till now.

MfG

14. CeDou

CeDou

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can i save only in single mod or in multiplare too?

15. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    CeDou, I'm sorry, but it's a technical restriction: WarCraft doesn't save game cache to disk in multiplayer mode. I thought of a save code but it seems to be too long, or each of the players will have an own part of code and they won't be able to continue playing if at least one of them is absent. Look at only the size of information about inventory: 24 items = 12 eqiup (1 byte, there are exactly 256 of them ^^) + 12 backpack, each of which can have number of charges (4 bytes). I can press skills up to 11 bits, xp - 17 bits, but this is nothing against the array of items.

16. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, we can't create the ultimate map now, can we?:spell_breaker:

17. Zivi0815

Zivi0815

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs again

Hi again,

now my friend played with merlin and skilled charge spell and the effect was:
    1. He klicked on it
    2. One of us down ... and not just dead or so , we where just gone no hero image nothing unstuck didnt work ^^

Another bug was that my friends klicked on satyr while i chatted with him and we couldnt complete the quest anymore because the quest to kill him had tripeld.

MfG

P.S. dont know if u read my earlier posting because it showed itself first today dont know why

18. ANdROnIQ

ANdROnIQ

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hm, never encountered the first bug, that can only be a wandering handle... the second one needs ti be checked. I see none of your previous posting, maybe the next page of the discussion started?

19. Zivi0815

Zivi0815

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi

Actually this is my first posting here ^^. I played your map and must say its very exiting. I played with a friend almost till the end and found a few bugs.

1. When King Arthur revived with ulti while having the scroll in the inventory u must bring to the 3 town chiefs or whatever, it just disappeard. This caused the mainquest to malfunction because u couldnt speak with the mage in the town while not having completed the other quest. ;) (yeah we messed up great ^^)
    A few other items where gone too.

2. When ranger died in ulti his basedamage was reseted ( could be fixed with just doing ulti again but i thought i should tell u this.

3. When ranger died ( yeah i died often ^^) i almost everytime had to take off all my closes and take them on again 2 get the stats back.

4. I sometimes happend but only in singleplayer up to now that the attribut system messed up when i got a level up. It didnt close and i could use all points for them selves on all 6 slots but i didnt close again even after debug and unstuck self kill, so game was messed up.

And now one suggestion for making this map even better i hope u dont mind.
    You could add a save/load system for multiplayer. My friend and i played up to 6 hours (could be more) and werent finished at all. ^^

Ok thats it from me. Hope u can use this. Keep up the great work i really like this map and i played a lot rpg-maps up till now.

MfG

Thats what i wrote hope u can see it now :)