• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ehh, I give up. What's wrong? (create fog in region)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Trying to launch a trigger that will sustain fog of war in a region (fog of hades), that will operate despite that the map as a whole is running a night and day cycle that provides fog of war on the map during night, and displays the entire map during the day. (Time: 18:00, enable FOW, set sky to Fogged Sky, Time: 6:00, disable FOW, set sky to Lordaeron Summer Sky)

But, it's not working, and this is the lame attempt to fix it I made (which doesn't work anyway). Help?

Attachments

• Capture Demonstration.PNG
    Capture Demonstration.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 177
Level 4
Well, yes. I'm aware of the difference. The attempted goal is to prevent players from seeing that particular region unless they have units in it - all the time - while night and day still triggers fog / no fog on the rest of the map. Perhaps you can suggest a method of accomplishing this?

Also, since I'm new (n0oO0ob!), I'd love a 3-10 word explanation of what trigger leaks essentially are.

+rep if you provide a decent reply for both :)

EDIT - yep, I know the trigger sucks - is just trying to get any visible result, cause nothing I've tried has worked.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
How about you enable black mask at the region you want to always be hidden, but only fog of war elsewhere?

a leak is essentially an object that's been created but not destroyed or recycled. Almost all variables (like locations or regions) leak if not properly destroyed.

You can't give +rep yet, but thanks for the offer :p

Level 4
Still not working...

• Fog of Hades
    • Events
      • Map initialization
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 4.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at Fog of Hades <gen> the weather effect Dungeon White Fog (Heavy)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 3 (Teal) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 4 (Purple) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 5 (Yellow) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 6 (Orange) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 7 (Green) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 8 (Pink) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 9 (Gray) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 10 (Light Blue) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 11 (Dark Green) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 12 (Brown) emitting Black mask across Fog of Hades <gen>
Wait, that leaks too.

Last edited:
Level 13
I suggest you use this.
  • Weather
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 4.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at Fog of Hades the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Black Mask across Fog of Hades

Status
Not open for further replies.