• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Effect-Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I really didn't know where to post that because there is no forum for triggers, is there ?
and i could'nt use search because I'm german and i don't know how it is called what i want in english? ok? ^^

K, here is my problem:

How can I apply effects onto a Unit (I'm making an AoS Map with Single-Heroes) so the effect doesnt wear off?

For Example, I want my Shaman to have fire-effects on his hands so it looks like his hands are burning or something (It's just like the shaman in Land of Legends)

I really thank for any help you can give.
(I read sticky Threads, but I really don't know where to ask, I', new, don't kill me plz ...)

MfG (Best Wishes) JunJee

P.S.: I posted this in the model-section because I think this is made by models, but i want that to work without models ... Hm, I'm sorry ... Just tell me where to post such questions, thx^^

Level 7
u should post it in the "map" forum, as it concerns your map :wink:

use the create specialeffect on unit trigger. attachment points are e.g:
origin
(left/right) foot
chest
/left/right) hand
head
overhead

+some more

plz use the search function next time, as there exist a few similar threads :wink:

Level 3
As i said, didnt know what to search for :/
but thx :D

Hm, just tell me how you'd search for this?
when i type effect, there show up bunches of threads o_O
so i just asked here because i thought this would need a model or something ;)

Level 21
Let me teach you.

First of all, if your attaching a custom special effect model, you'd import it to import manager. If not, carry on reading.

Then go to trigger editor and create a new trigger.

If the special effect goes off in once, use Time - Periodic Event and every 1 second of game time to make it stay there if necessary. But most in some cases, do not require it. So, also try Time - Time Elapsed wait 1 second.

The Action(s) for the trigger should be Special Effect - Attach Special effect onto unit We'd follow the action correctly and select the unit which needs the special effect attached, along with the correct attachment point (as listed from RaZoR). Also, select the special effect attachment too.

Once your done, it should turn out fine.

Level 3
ok this works if you are not using a hero select trigger.

how can you make a variable that stores the attachment to all of the units of that type on the map.

i have tried many things but cant seem to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.