• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attachment point issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I've made my model in Milkshape I've linked attachment points to all the joints I want in Magos, however I'm hitting some issues...

For one the attachment points that are attached to the hands, feet, and anything that move don't follow the joint? Not sure what I'm missing here?

Also my overhead point shows the effects at the feet of the model?

Level 30
I've made my model in Milkshape I've linked attachment points to all the joints I want in Magos, however I'm hitting some issues...

For one the attachment points that are attached to the hands, feet, and anything that move don't follow the joint? Not sure what I'm missing here?

Also my overhead point shows the effects at the feet of the model?

Could you show us a Picture of the Bone structure? (From the Node Manager)

Perhaps we see something you don't see.

Level 13
I've attached a picture of the bone structure and how I've set the Overhead point (which works)

Attachments

• BONE STRUCTURE.png
    BONE STRUCTURE.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 32
  • OVERHEAD NODE.png
    OVERHEAD NODE.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 36
Level 30
I've attached a picture of the bone structure and how I've set the Overhead point (which works)

Normally "Overhead Ref" and "Origin Ref" aren't attached to any bone at all. Aside from that i can't see any visual problem.

You said that the Overhead Point works, try to see if there is anything in that attachment that is/isn't in the others.

Or Create them anew which oftentimes works for me.

Level 13
I had to add a joint in the model to be the Origin and Overhead points which aren't connected to anything else (so I guess without a bone?)

Those two seem to work, however if I add an attachment point to a hand (for example) I can't get the attachment to actually follow the joint? I assumed this was to do with the pivot point (judging from a different model I opened up) but I'm not sure what I should be putting in the boxes? (or if I'm wrong entirely!)

Status
Not open for further replies.