• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unusual Attachment Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I downloaded a model a long time ago that seems to have an unusual problem with attachments. I always try to avoid editing other people's models, but in this case I may have to make an exception :S.

Whenever I try to attach a model to this unit it attaches it to "OverHead Ref". It doesn't matter what I type in, I've tried origin, chest, and head, but all of them yield the same result.

I opened the model using Magos' war 3 model editor and confirmed that all the attachments are there; the hands, feet, head, overhead, chest, origin are all present...

So why does the model only attach things overhead????? If anybody can help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DemonKnight.MDX
    181.9 KB · Views: 76
Level 23
It's the oldest error in the book, I believe.

Convert the offending models to MDL, and open in notepad.

Then delete every line that says "AttachmentId x," where x is a number. These will be in each Attachment node, so somewhere near the bottom after all the bones.

Save, convert back to MDX, and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.