• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editor crashing when deleting units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Has anyone ever had this crash message pop up when trying to delete a unit in the editor?

Code:
This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\worldedit.exe
 Object:    CustomObjectField (.?AUCustomObjectField@@)

It happens with the normal editor, WEU and UMSWE, all latest 1.20 version. It even did the same thing for me with the old WEU v1.18, and it didn't make any difference whether I used that no-limits patch or not.

It also happens not just on my computer, but on both of the computers belonging to the other two that are also developing the map (new RPG). Each computer has about 2gig of memory, and plenty of hard drive space.

Personally, I think the problem is simply the amount of content we've put into the game. Being an RPG packed full of dungeons and single spawns, we've built up just over 530 custom units. Add to this 300 abilities, 100 items and loads of triggers, and I suppose I can understand the editor sh!tting itself.

Of course, we'd scale the content back, and set up larger regions with groups of mobs... if we could. But when trying to delete one out of every three units causes the editor to crash with that error message, even that's not an option.

Oh yeah, and the reason we picked up on this problem occuring was actually because random triggers just weren't running in-game. Init, chat messages, starts the effect of an ability, floating texts... some of them just stopped working.

I can't stress enough how any help would be so very appreciated, because we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place right now :cry:

Level 22
If its all crashing on the same map, then likely its the map, not the editor at fault. Make sure there are no tags on the unit, such as trigger events or variables involving that unit and so forth. Normally it just confirms if you want to continue with the delete, where it would then disable any triggers attached to it, but if there is a sensative trigger action, especially when using JASS, it might crash the editor if you delete the unit.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
Your recommendation then would be to first delete any triggers that reference the unit itself?

There's no JASS running on the map atall, and while I'm pretty sure we've actually already tried this suggestion, I'll give it another go anyway.

The thing is, in trying to diagnose the problem, I've been able to recreate it by importing just the unit settings to a small, newly created map.

We are definitely in a world of hurt right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.