• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing WESS Damage Detection (For Spell Damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys! I recently implemented

Snippet - GUI-Friendly Damage Detection

Into my map however, I quickly realized it doesn't account for any armor reduction whatsoever. I tried to adjust the 'show damage' section into this.

Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Ultravision) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(GDD_Damage)) at (Position of GDD_DamageSource) with Z offset 30.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
Else - Actions
Set UnitArmor[1] = ((Armor of GDD_DamagedUnit) x 0.06)
Set UnitArmor[2] = (1.00 + ((Armor of GDD_DamagedUnit) x 0.06))
Set UnitArmor[3] = (UnitArmor[1] / UnitArmor[2])
Set UnitArmor[3] = (1.00 - UnitArmor[3])
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
GDD_Damage Greater than 0.00
Then - Actions
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((GDD_Damage x UnitArmor[3]))) at (Position of GDD_DamageSource) with Z offset 30.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
Else - Actions
Do nothing

(In case you're wondering I'm making my spells apply the buff Ultravision so I can detect what type of damage it is in order to change the text color).
Wait I'm confused suddenly it shows spell damage properly when I make my scaling ability do this.

Then - Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (1.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic

(Had to make Damage type magic)

I still have a problem with it displaying Siege damage properly when it's hitting Fortified. (It's showing 119 damage on the damage display however, the tower is actually taking 134 damage.)

Edit: Okay well scratch everything I said I'm an idiot however, the damage showing doesn't seem to properly work when a hero does 1 damage. It still shows 1.000 instead of 9.43 like it's supposed to (When attacking a unit with 1 armor and 6 % reduction).

Last edited:
Level 39
How To Post Your Trigger

Armor can't reduce damage below 1.00, only Hardened Skin can; see this post by me for an explanation: Hardened Skin ability and armor not stacking.

Blizzard added a bunch of new damaged event natives to the game in some recent updates and basically all old DDSes are completely obsolete (especially something literally a decade old on a site that was never known for quality code (sorry not sorry, TheHelper)). What you should be using is probably this: Damage Engine 5.4.1.0. It allows you to get damage type, attack type, weapon type, before/after modification values, and to change it all yourself as necessary. If you really want to use something lightweight, Bribe made an edit of PDD by looking_for_help which you can find here: Physical Damage Detection for GUI v1.3.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.