1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Edited units not working on test

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Rafinius, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    I opened a melee map and edited the stats and costs of several units in the data editor but when I test the game all units seem to be unchanged. Is there something more I must enable or do so that my changes become functioning?

If you need more info on the changes: I increased the cost, life, mana and damage of all Protoss units by 50% and their shields by 100% just to see if I can. Then I disabled the victory conditions, and gave myself full map vision. I added 2 computer players (1 unchanged Terran and the Protoss I wanted to test) gave them computer AI and pressed test map. But there was no change whatsoever in the Protoss units.

Please help me, cause if I can't even get this to work than how should I be able to make anything else?

2. gT.ReD

gT.ReD

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    where did you edit the costs? if you did it on the unit stats that is incorrect. you can look at the building tutorial link in my signature. the Train Ability is explained in there, which is where you need to make your cost changes.

3. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that would explain why the costs aren't working, but not why the hp and other stats didn't change.

4. gT.ReD

gT.ReD

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure why it's not working. Really though, you should only have to edit the unit stats and be on your way. Can you post a SS of one of your Units configuration please? :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    WTF:vw_wtf: Oh, this is bad... All changes I made in the Data Editor vanished. I'm pretty sure they should be saved as the region I added afterwards is still there and I can remember very well saving the map several times and checking if the changes where actually still there after the unsuccessful testing. If the editor continues acting like that...it may be better to just go back to wc3 :psick:

EDIT: Triggers are still working fine too.

6. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you save your map and such?

Also, are your dependencies set up correctly? (ie, if you are using campaign dependencies, are they above the default ones?)

7. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    .. everything you made in the data editor doesnt just VANISH! wanna explain further?

also, the changes part, when you change it copys data from the mod and makes a new unit of the one u changed (or effect, behavior, etc) did you place the units before editing? you probably placed the ones in the mod and edited the ones stored in your map.

8. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have experienced the vanish too.

In my Terranism map, i completely changed a Bunker and then after some hours of work on the map i check the structure again and it has turned everything back to the standard Bunker.

9. splashy5

splashy5

Resources:
    Resources:
    i had a problem with this

did you try to change dependency's before restart of editor? If you have Campaign and LibertyMulti dependency's then their will be 2 sets of units and the units will reset to normals when you click off, happens for me :(