• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

edit skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi all can i edit someone skin without permission? because he is not on from 5 months ago..:goblin_cry:

Level 12
Probably not accepted by this website but, what I usually do when I make edits to something is still give credit to the original author and if they happen to notice the edit and don't want me using an edited model/skin then I take it out...Although I've never released anything publicly so I haven't really had any experience doing this. xD

Level 2
Probably not accepted by this website but, what I usually do when I make edits to something is still give credit to the original author and if they happen to notice the edit and don't want me using an edited model/skin then I take it out...Although I've never released anything publicly so I haven't really had any experience doing this. xD

how about i edit it for my map.. and the map is upload in this website??

I think you can edit and import the skin in your map as long as you credit the author and mention that you've edited the skin so long as you don't release it as a public resource.

This.
And then you will need to optimize your map as well so the edited skin can't (is harder) to extract from your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.