• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about editing skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I had this doubt a long time ago, and I want to solve it now:
Do I have to ask permission to the author of a skin if I want to make a mere recolor of it? I'm asking this because I very often find awesome skins, but they do not have the colors I need.
So I want to know if I have to ask permission before doing it. I have this doubt because I think that a recolor is a very easy a simple edit, so I don't know if people will get angry if I edit the colors of their skins without asking permission.

Regards

Level 25
You always have to ask for permission of an author before editing their resources, unless it's otherwise stated you are allowed to modify it.
However, if the author is inactive, I believe there is a rule saying that you can edit resources as long as six months have passed since the author became inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.