• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eden's Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little terraining! xP

The secret of the cliffs has come to us, the cry of the water has changed!
We do not reach the destination as far as we go, perhaps the path of the spectacle city has changed!

Attachments

• Eden's Heritage.png
    Eden's Heritage.png
    893.1 KB · Views: 324
Cool stuff!

Don't know if the reflections on the water are really consistent. Maybe it's an impression from the viewer's perspective, but something looks a bit odd on that part. Anyway good work =)
Thanks! ;D

Yeah, that part was a bit pain in the ass, as there were some issues with the rocks on the front part and those which are covered by the fog while still being close to the water!

Hi! Good to have you around. 'still smelling as fresh blood by the way.
The Terrain Board hungers for new terrainers around.

As @Naze pointed out, the 'reflection' seems really weird and iffy at best. To me it doesn't look like a reflection but more as a good chunk of terrain missing underneath all that water.
You could either add the bottom of it or properly remake that reflection. Not to mention that it needs certain effects like color variation due to how light bounces around and perhapds making it a bit muddy.
Really whichever you feel like it would fit the are better.

@fladdermasken made a tutorial on how reflections can be correctly done in WC3 terraining.
Using Reflections in Terraining!

Going solid so far. Keep up the spirit and don't give up on it :]

Last edited:
Hi! Good to have you around. 'still smelling as fresh blood by the way.
The Terrain Board hungers for new terrainers around.

As @Naze pointed out, the 'reflection' seems really weird and iffy at best. To me it doesn't look like a reflection but more as a good chunk of terrain missing underneath all that water.
You could either add the bottom of it or properly remake that reflection. Not to mention that it needs certain effects like color variation due to how light bounces around and perhapds making it a bit muddy.
Really whichever you feel like it would fit the are better.

@fladdermasken made a tutorial on how reflections can be correctly made in WC3 terraining.
Using Reflections in Terraining!

Going solid so far. Keep up the spirit and don't give up on it :]
My thanks! Yep, hopefully new ones would come or the legends would return at least. : )

I will fix the reflections (maybe even remove them at the worst condition) and of course water lighting as much as possible, perhaps it needs more effort and time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.