• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP: Roleplay Terrain- Need Tips/Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm one of those lost souls who Roleplay on Warcraft III using the RP-archetype maps, such as DoBRP, SotDRP etc. I've finally garnered enough effort to put into making a preset terrain for one so hours aren't spent building at the start of every game, though it's a fun thing to do.

To my ends, I'll begin by posting a small doodle I've done, I've stuffed into the map what equates to about 5.8mb compressed in custom models and skins, and have been slowly assigning the models to doodads as I come to need them. At this point I have made a skin for blizzard cliffs to use for interiors, but due to annoying pathing I may just have a go at using just doodads for the walls and all, and painting the pathing myself.

Anywho, here's my doodle, I've been trying to figure out how I want stony mountains, hills and cliffs of the sort to look, I've also got one of the rock doodad packs that I've considered using. Not so sure about the trees I've used in the screenshot.

For the exteriors I plan on making a few natural environments, and several towns and cities. I'm a bit newby at the conceptualism, some advice and tips on different parts of the terrain I'm working on would be very much appreciated, perhaps even some inspiration, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Terraform1.jpg
    Terraform1.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.