• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ecodus of the Horde -Enhanced Version-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys:

So this is an "enhanced version" of the Orc tutorial Campaing. I took the voice edit by Kostyarik and modified with models and little easter eggs for a better immersion. I'm just having some issues that I'm unable to resolve and need help for it:

*Difficult level reset everytime I jump into the next level. So I remove the "next level" trigger to select difficult manually after every mission. What can I do about it?
*Proper hero saving: Sometimes Thrall just dont save and the next mission is a new Thrall. Why this happen and how to fix it?
*Testers. While it is 95% ready, I'll be glad if you guys can find an issue to resolve
*Feedback is welcome

So I'm planning to do this "enhanced version" with every campaing, following the rules of course. If I miss any, please let me now
Sorry for my english and thanks for the help

Attachments

• 01 Exodus of the Horde.w3n
    11.1 MB · Views: 97
Level 20
So, by the looks of things, it appears that you have mostly just changed a few models and added a couple of simple custom units.
As far as I can tell the terraining and gameplay are basically the same.

To me an "enhanced" version of the campaign is worth playing only when it is considerably different from the original, especially on the gameplay side of things (i.e. has new units, new abilities, new areas to explore, some new quests or mechanics, etc.). And from what I can tell, your campaign doesn't do that - it's just basically the same old classic campaign with a couple of mostly cosmetic changes.

That's not enough for me, so yeah... I think I'm going to skip your project and should I ever want to revisit the classic campaigns for nostalgia reasons, I will just go with the original versions.

P.S. Just for reference, take a look at this enhanced version if you wish to know what I meant by "considerably different from the original":
The Scourge of Lordaeron - Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.