1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Eclipse Orpg 1.16b

Submitted by Kebab_Taxi
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Eclipse Orpg

1.16b

this map were mainly made for teams of friends who wanted a tough Rpg to beat, and therefore it is not possible to play alone.
This Map is Protected

Features:

-9 different instances/events
9 bosses each with a uniqe set of abilities that makes them fun to battle
-10 item tiers with 230 items total
Common items, tier 1-3
Rare items, tier 4-6
Exceptional items, tier 7-9
Legendary items, tier 10

-11 Different Characters/Classes
Warlord
Defender
Druid
Necromancer
Priest
Shaman
Flame Seeker
Rogue
Hunter
Vampire
Warlock

-Two PVP Arenas with two teams in each for people who would like to flex with muscle or firepower, no FFA.
Wardenfell Forest (small and intense)
Sunken Ruins (Large and more team based)

-A third person Cam System (that can be shut off if the player would want it)

Credits
Credits to CRAZYRUSSIAN and MC !, BlackDoom for Icons,
the guys whos models is in the ultimate terraining pack,
Nasrudin for his house models,
Shamanyouranus for his Shaman Totem models and icons and
and the guys who created DIEHARD@AZEROTH RPG pack that i implemented

1.16b Update

-updated Great Constitution and Fortitude of the Warlord

If you find any bugs please notify me

Keywords:
Rpg, Orpg, teamwork, fun, warcraft rpg, wc3, kebab, :D, team, instance, event
Contents

Eclipse Orpg 1.16b (Map)

Reviews
02:41, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 02:41, 30th Jul 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great fortitude gives no hp.

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you have all those memory leak remove ? I hope it won't crash my computer again.

4. Kebab_Taxi

Kebab_Taxi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i fixed the 99% of all the leaks but it is possible i missed one or two, it wont crash your computer :wink:

5. onisaiyan808

onisaiyan808

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I played the map.

It wasn't that great. It's basically a copy from the Defiance map like many others.

The camera system is bugged. Every time I click on another unit, the camera system disables itself and I can move freely around the map.

Another thing that bothered me, but should be ignored is that your grammar isn't that great and the lumber and food and such bothers me because it seems you only changed the upkeep level part, but not the lumber and food stuff.

That's it, the overall rating is 2/5 because of unoriginality and typoes. :/

6. ORCHEN

ORCHEN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Luls!

Hiya! This is my first comment at hive :grin:! I have played the map with my mates and it was the best orpg i've played this far! :thumbs_up: I kinda like the cam-system but it's good that you can use the -camoff and -aaoff commands. It's very detailed and well balanced.

Well first of all. Just because defiance was FIRST doesn't make this orpg a copy! Eclipse is IMHO far superior to Defiance in almost every aspects. And second, the camera system is not bugged. When you click on another unit the camera disables itself yes but it is a way of getting looking around off-combat i ex a mate wiped and you wait for him at an instance. Then you can watch him as he is trying to get to the instance from the spawning point.

Well i have to admit that the grammar/spelling is not the best and about the gold and lumber.....Who gives a damn? :wink:

So after playing this orpg for a couple of hours, I can tell that this is a very well done orpg and i would not call it unoriginal.

oh, and BTW.....RTFM :ugly:

7. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    I enjoyed the map overall and have played a bit with some friends. I think purge could use a nerf after playing shaman because i could pretty much use purge and kite melee bosses to beat them. Increasing the cool down a bit should fix this.

I also wonder if being able to get away from bosses is intentional because it is pretty easy to just keep fighting the same boss making sure someone survives so the dungeon doesn't reset.

Finally the map really could use another healing class perhaps a paladin or something more unique.

8. onisaiyan808

onisaiyan808

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I see it, in no way, any superior from Defiance. Defiance is more organized and triggered.

That's way stupid. Then there's no point in in adding those extra functions like -cam 1 and shit.

Apparently, not you because you don't put enough effort in yours.

Unoriginal? It is very unoriginal. Go play play some more and stick around this website often and get back to me.

Use words, not acronyms.

9. Kebab_Taxi

Kebab_Taxi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You dont seem to understand the cam system so i will make a little Eclipse cam system for dummies for just you:
    you start with the cam system on and with the system variable set to 3,
    to disable type: -cam off, this gives chased camera view
    to activate it type: -cam on, reactivates the camera
    to change the camera distance to target (camera distance from your cam to your hero) type: -cam 1 (-cam 7 is max).
    left click on another unit will reset the camera (without you need to type -cam off) this gives you back the ability to look around like the normal Warcraft 3 cam.
    just to let you know, there are alot of players on battle-net that appreciates the cam system.

Asfar as unoriginality goes... i guess your pointing at the spellbooks and the 3x"attribute spells" yes i was inspired by Defiance when i built the spellbook system, and for the spells even Dota uses 3x"attribute spells" just drop it.
    (i have stolen nothing from Defiance i have been inspired by it along with someother Rpgs)

Next time submit something more constructive than just "Bad english and its a copy" thanks

10. RaidonGod

RaidonGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    oohh...this map is very interessting
    I like it a lot, keep up work dude!:infl_thumbs_up:
    Maybe you could change the cam...?Change the Descriptions! and then I'll give you a good 3,8 :p
    Question:
    Where the Heck are dropping the Tier 10 parts?!:con:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  11. Kebab_Taxi

Kebab_Taxi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks i will continue updating the map with bug fixes and adding heros
    currently fixing reported bugs and balancing with bosses and creeps.
    Fixing boss region unleaveble (as Bumkt suggested in his/her post)

read the quest log (manual log) for commands to the cam

tier 10 items are gained from the lich inside the glacier (the big snowy region)
    there are guides (nightelf females) that can show you in what order all instances should be done.

12. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    you really need to fix the memory leaks. Some peoples computers start to top out after an hour.

13. mou-man

mou-man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome map! Good for Lan with around 5 people! 5/5

14. Magiks

Magiks

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kebab this map is a great ^^ I was playing a lot of time and i suppose that map need redesign terrain. I think wanderfall is fine. Maybe more areas but smaller. The Most adventage this map is difficult level. Some disadventages are no new spells above 60 lvl. Too much empty areas like orc area. Maybe we shall meet any uniques monster before instances? In corrupted wanderfall? This are looks like pass to other areas. Maybe there should be any wardens? Not bosses but elites?

Do u have any site with informations about this project?

It would help to promotion this map.

Any new features coming?

and sry for very bad eng.

15. Shampoohero

Shampoohero

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is this bug when you start the game as usual and after you -cam off the game starts zooming into your character your slowly. Its really annoying XDD but i hope you can fix it, and there is this other bug but it happens rarely but when my hunter uses summon grizzly bear its sometimes but not a lot takes of a good chunk of my hp. Hope this helps = ) Also one more thing...I was wondering, for Hunter when would you be able to summon the final summon?

16. Kebab_Taxi

Kebab_Taxi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I´m glad you like my map, i dont have any thoughts on remaking the terrain at the moment but i have added sevral minibosses/uniqe monsters.
    also i had to remake the save/load system cause it had sevral major bugs.
    This is the site i upload my map and is gonna be the site where i upload the newer versions.

17. Shampoohero

Shampoohero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kebab What is the newest version of Eclipse? Is it V1.16b or v1.16? people say v1.16 is the latest but i am not sure which one to host. People say you can not get tier 9 items from v1.16b but you can v1.16. So can yo clear this up for me? Please and thank you = D

18. Kebab_Taxi

Kebab_Taxi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.16b is the newest version for now and should be the version hosted.

The only real difference between the 1.16 and 1.16b is the warlord/defenders extra hitpoint abilities.

19. Magiks

Magiks

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought about it and finally I guess better idea is make next part instead remake terrain. For example like in Diablo 2. But here is question. What would be better? focusing on one kind of terrain (1st map wanderfallen forest and all connect with it, 2nd map orcs) it makes great various of quests intems bosses and other things.

Several examples

First map ( forests ) max lvl 125, tier intems 1-10, q 1-9 but in first map should be one intem tier 11 ( i suppose the best would be ring ) and this intem would get us pass to next map. Without it we cannot load our hero in the second map.
    Second map ( orcs ) max lvl 250? tier intems 11-21 q 10-18
    and so on.

Conclusion
    Eclipse is very good project, we knows nothing is perfect so we dont expect miracles. But we all might help to kebab with ideas or practical skills. Kebab do u know gekko? He made Castle Fight i think it would be great when u will connects forces or help each other.

greetings and happy new year all ^^ ;-P