1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Easy MDX Teamglow Remover v1.0

Submitted by LordOglog
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This tool is for the removal of teamglows from models. It has a simple drag and drop interface and can accept multiple files at once. It takes both MDX and MDL files. It uses the method of setting the alpha value of the material to 0 (though slightly more complex) described in the tutorial "Removing geosets/glow" by alfredx_sotn (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f282/removing-geosets-glow-8928/)

I would like to thank Magos for his mdxlib which was used heavily in the creation of this tool, along with alfredx_sotn for his origional tutorial on the subject. Also my clan Clan Frog@Northrend cos they're cool.

This tool will probably need .net framework 3.5 to run, though im not quite sure.
Once used the mdx type model will not be openable in war3modeleditor because magos has not made his mdx library compatible with his program (purely to advertise for himself in a form no-one will ever see.

Don't try with the same file twice. well you can but I wouldn't recommend it. I have tried to include code to compensate for glows which have animated alpha values, but they still might bug a bit. I would advise backing up your model always, as even though my program creates a new file you never know what might happen.

Have fun, if there is anything i have forgotten please e-mail me or PM me, also do the same for any bugs.

If ypu have i good idea for a tool contact me also, I like making them :p.

Keywords:
MDX, MDL, teamglow, heroglow, glow, replaceableid, magos, lordoglog, geoset, texture, material, alpha, tool, helpful, easy, oglog,
Contents

Easy MDX Teamglow Remover v1.0 (Binary)

Reviews
14:09, 5th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: The fact that this corrupts models from being used in war3model editor, a very popular program is a big downside. And also that war3modeleditor is capable of removing team glow on it's own is another reason...
  1. 14:09, 5th Dec 2009
    TriggerHappy:

The fact that this corrupts models from being used in war3model editor, a very popular program is a big downside.

And also that war3modeleditor is capable of removing team glow on it's own is another reason not to approve this.

If you feel that I reviewed this wrong, pm me.

2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very usefull tool if you wanna make a race with hero models, but without hero glow.
    Gj Lordoglog! :p

3. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Simple tool for lazy people, (me). Easy to use and beatiful. Might think of a add teamglow also? But ofc, then its name wouldent be teamglow remover. Probably saving me loads and loads of hour removing teamglow without this tool. Well Done, milord.

:thumbs_up:

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you wanna get add teamglow is easier to just import the teamglow model and add it as an attachment spell.

5. LordOglog

LordOglog

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    An add teamglow feature is planned for the future, but atm i'm having fun with hooks.

6. ManYouAreEvil

ManYouAreEvil

Resources:
    Resources:
    What if it happends i dont have any teamglow model, and cant dl any cause internet is broken. Wouldent a "add teamglow function" pwn then?

7. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think it's a nice tool, but leave it without add teamglow function, for the sake of people who have to download the maps... If they want to teamglow a model, let them find the teamglow model and attach it.

8. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You don't need to download a teamglow or hero glow if you have model editor/any other model editing tools. This tool is pretty useful for glow removal but usually I don't touch hero models as they are hard to edit.

9. niika

niika

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good and useful bedcause i dont even like teamglow

10. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Btw, what kinda dum-dum would remove all the teamglow from all the heros, not only is it a long ass time, but it takes up an insane amount of filespace

Heres an easier way to remove team glow (with far less filesize, but for ALL/ or most models)
    replace the teamglow textures:

ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp
    ~(#'s 0-11)~
    ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow11.blp

With This: (made by me, but no credits plz...., Also edit, upload as you wish, with absolutely no need for credits)
    Note: I have included Alternate team glows, theese will work, even if you use the team glow remover, as they refrence a diferent texture, (if you want to remove a few team glows, but not all, or only want a few with the glow. Useing the teamglow add wont revert the models back to their former glowing glory though (you wont have weapon glow ect, just base) although if really needed, PM me and ill make a weapon glow attachment, if you cant yourself

This will save alot of filespace, over removeing teamglow and reimporting models

Attached Files:

11. LordOglog

LordOglog

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    This program is designed to remove the teamglow from one hero at a time not all of them, i don't know if i made that clear or not, though it can do multiple models at once. Also in most maps not that many heroes are used anyway :p

12. wizaerd

wizaerd

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this still BETA? Still an active app? I've run it against three hero MDX files, exported out with Magos War3ModelEditor, HeroPaladin, SylvanusWindrunner, and HeroArchMage. The Paladin and Sylvanus worked just fine, however the ArchMage, the removeal app never does anything with it. I've tried multiple times, and it always fails on that specific model. No errors, just no updated model file.

The model files themselves have undergone zero manipulations or modififcations, they are exactly as they are when I exported them. But the ArchMage never appears to do anything...

13. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    archmage prolly has a diff bone structure than most models...
    heres how to remove it..
    open model in war3modeleditor(or an editor of your choice
    hold down ctrl, and click the team glow, make sure the glow flashes so u know what u selected, then go to windows/geosetmanager and remove the glow geoset, ususally this works, but sometimes u have to check geosetanimationmanager to see if you nulled any geoset anims also, which ud have to deleet

14. wizaerd

wizaerd

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have successfully used your method on the Paladin and ArchMage, but when I did it on Sylvanus Windrunner, the imported model would crash the World Editor. So what I have learned is that there is no consistent method of removing the hero glow. Your method only worked on two out of three models, this app in this tools section only works two out of three times. Surprisingly enough, it's not the same two models they're both successful with...

[EDIT]
    As it turns out, since I'm needing this strictly for a cinematic, I realized that if I switch the alliance the unit is with from Player 1 to Hostile Passive, the glow is diminished dramatically. Still glows a bit, a low intensive white, but is waaaaay less than say a red glow would be...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  15. Solecompany

Solecompany

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok.....3/5

16. xp3r009

xp3r009

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great; simple and easy to use and is even created on the .NET Framework! 4.5 out of 5 for me overall.

However, it is possible that you could remove a couple of files, including the PDB and two XML files in the ZIP file. These aren't really required, and could save some space, not to be pick anyway. Its good overall :) .