• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Easy Blinkstrike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For me, trigger spells aren't easy, but I have been trying to create one. I have tested the blinkstrike that's uploaded at this website, but it's bugged.
Can someone help me creating a simple blinkstrike ability that makes a 2x critical strike at the attacked unit?
(Don't know if it is supposed to be in this forum, if so, just move it :wink:)

Level 12
For me, trigger spells aren't easy, but I have been trying to create one. I have tested the blinkstrike that's uploaded at this website, but it's bugged.
Can someone help me creating a simple blinkstrike ability that makes a 2x critical strike at the attacked unit?
(Don't know if it is supposed to be in this forum, if so, just move it :wink:)

Isn't there a base spell Blinkstrike that works?

All you'd have to do is trigger it to display the damage dealt to the target, based off the spell level.

base it on an ability that has a target, so u can use the ability Channel,(be sure to check the Visible on the data) and target be a target unit and triggers where

unit uses the ability then move that unit instantly to position of targeted unit and deal the damage with triggers as well and the text too. use the Unit - make unit damage unit action, and for text use floating text, and have the color red.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Spell/ability creation threads are to be posted on the Spells and Systems forum.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309"]
spellsandsystems.gif
»»» Spells and Systems
[/self]
Talk regarding custom created spells and systems takes place in here. Get help creating a spell or implementing a system etc.
Do NOT request for help or talk about spell-creation in the World Editor Help Zone. Spell-matters go on the Spells and Systems, which has it's link above.
~Thread Moved

Level 8
Check that trigger from the "Creating some basic abilities" tutorial.
  • BlinkStrike
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink Strike
  • Actions
    • Set TempLoc00 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc00
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)

Status
Not open for further replies.