• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

East Plaguelands, The Scarlet Crusade and the Mossflayer Tribe - what if discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Scarlet Crusade had great potential, even in their paranoiac state.I guess that they were set up as mobs to be killed since they couldn`t be let to succeed because the Alliance would have had an advantage over the Horde, or maybe not.

I was thinking, that they had Tyr`s Hand for quite a lot while and there was a sizeable enclave there that could be used for farming and housing.Maybe the food they produced wasn`t enough but it still was a lot.

The Scarlet Crusade could have become of reborn Kingdom of Lordaeron with it`s capital at Tyr`s Hand.This would require that the Death Knight chain quest take place in another location,maybe Hearthglen and after the conclusion of WotLK we could see Lordaeron reappear in southern Eastern Plaguelands with it`s capital on Tyr`s Hand.

In Cataclysm we, while playing Alliance of course, could have assisted the Scarlet Crusade repelling a desperate attack by the remains of the Scourge and with reinforcements from Ironforge and Stormwind push up and get our hands on Corin`s Crossing.

After that we fortify Corin`s Crossing as the tip of this new reborn Kingdom of Lordaeron.It would be manned by Scarlet troops but also Stormwind and Ironforge forces.

After this Calia would re emerge and be crowned queen and all Scarlet troops change their tabards and armour paint to Lordaeron colours - Blue on White background.

As a final quest we could found one rather large village between Corin`s Crossing and Tyr`s hand will the refugees coming back to Lordaeron.

It wouldn`t break game too much since Tyr`s Hand would need one of it`s churches being converted to a building that resembles a keep or castle from Warcraft 3 so it can serve as a seat for the queen.Tye`s Hand doesn`t have to be shown as a real city, even Theramore was rather small in game compared to it`s size.

As a counter to this we could get a chain quest for the Horde in aiding the Forsaken in recruiting the Mossflayer Tribe on the Horde`s side.The Forsaken strike a bargain with the tribe helping them in immunising the remaining trolls against the plague and getting the undead trolls under Forsaken control.

Zul`Mashar can be expanded upon to be shown as a thriving troll town.The trolls, aided by the Forsaken would then push south until they reach Eastwall Tower and take it from the Alliance and make it the southernmost tip of their tribal territory.

Both factions, the Kingdom of Lordaeron and the Mossflayer Tribe can be local factions.It wouldn`t add much to end game but it would be huge for Lore fans.

Map for reference. http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...i/images/6/62/WorldMap-EasternPlaguelands.jpg

You guys like it?

Level 24
It isn't a bad story but if Tyr's Hand was going to be the capital you forget one thing, during vanilla Eastern Plaugelands was a 55-60 zone therefor it could not be a starting zone since level 1 characters can't take on level 58 mobs. Another problem I find with this theory is that if it was true then large chunks of the human part of the Alliance would be led or governed by racist zealots since that's what we've seen of the Scarlet Crusade and I doubt that would have benefited the Alliance.

I like your idea of how things could have turned out but I do have as I stated above some issues with it.

Level 6
It isn't a bad story but if Tyr's Hand was going to be the capital you forget one thing, during vanilla Eastern Plaugelands was a 55-60 zone therefor it could not be a starting zone since level 1 characters can't take on level 58 mobs. Another problem I find with this theory is that if it was true then large chunks of the human part of the Alliance would be led or governed by racist zealots since that's what we've seen of the Scarlet Crusade and I doubt that would have benefited the Alliance.

I like your idea of how things could have turned out but I do have as I stated above some issues with it.
Eastern Plaguelands remains a 55-60 zone.I did not suggest that Tyr`s Hand should be the starting zone.With humans characters you still start in Elwynn Forest.

I forgot to mention that the Scarlet Crusade could be fanatics like the Argent Dawn/Crusade in their drive to purge the undead and not fanatics against other living races.

You guys like this types of debates? I can throw a bit more.

Level 24
Alright, it's just that you were talking about making it the capital and the capitals have always been in the starting zones.

And yes I do love to debate lore, I don't call myself the Loremaster for nothing, I'm practically radiating knowledge. ;)

Level 6
Alright, it's just that you were talking about making it the capital and the capitals have always been in the starting zones.

And yes I do love to debate lore, I don't call myself the Loremaster for nothing, I'm practically radiating knowledge. ;)
Capital lorewise but not in the practical sense.Theramore City was a capital itself, Stromgarde was a capital as well, yet the ruins aren`t that big to really consider them capitals.

Tyr`s Hand should be established as the capital of this new faction, the Kingdom of Lordaeron, lorewise, it only needs one building being changed to be the royal castle or something, the rest of the town can stay as it is.

Level 24
I guess but I just love to fly over the ruins of the former land with my main character (Blood Elf Death Knight) and think to myself, "all this devastation is because of me!".

Level 6
I guess but I just love to fly over the ruins of the former land with my main character (Blood Elf Death Knight) and think to myself, "all this devastation is because of me!".
I did the starting quests and it was bittersweet, it was well designed but I pretty much massacred the majority of the Scarlet Crusade. :(

Level 24
I did the starting quests and it was bittersweet, it was well designed but I pretty much massacred the majority of the Scarlet Crusade. :(

Isn't it lovely running around killing humans, I thought you said we didn't have enough of that in the Paragons of Their Kind: The Orcs thread?

Level 6
Isn't it lovely running around killing humans, I thought you said we didn't have enough of that in the Paragons of Their Kind: The Orcs thread?
Well we don`t have enough of killing alliance races in general, but with the Scarlet Crusade gone any small hope of getting the Kingdom of Lordaeron back in any form died with them.

With WoD, we are at the second expansion in which we get to kill Orcs for an entire expansion. :D

Level 24
Well we don`t have enough of killing alliance races in general, but with the Scarlet Crusade gone any small hope of getting the Kingdom of Lordaeron back in any form died with them.

With WoD, we are at the second expansion in which we get to kill Orcs for an entire expansion. :D

Entire expansion. :D I count Siege of Orgrimmar only, unless you're Alliance.

Level 6
Entire expansion. :D I count Siege of Orgrimmar only, unless you're Alliance.
When I say we need an expansion focused on killing Alliance races I mean both the Alliance and the Horde killing them.

The first was the Burning Crusade, the second is WoD that was focused on killing Orcs. :D

Anyway, if Lordaeron would have reemerged where would you see them do it?Have you given any thought to it? :D

Level 24
Didn't we spend most of WotLK killing Alliance characters like Kel'Thuzad and Arhtas? In TBC we had Illidan who's a night elf and Lady Vashj who was a night elf previous to her transformation. While none of the raid bosses in TBC had at any point been a member of the Horde?

Level 6
Didn't we spend most of WotLK killing Alliance characters like Kel'Thuzad and Arhtas? In TBC we had Illidan who's a night elf and Lady Vashj who was a night elf previous to her transformation. While none of the raid bosses in TBC had at any point been a member of the Horde?
Those are just individuals.We exterminated the Fel Orcs and Kael`s Blood Elves 90% of the time in TBC.

Teron Gorefiend and Kargath Bladefist come into mind.Don`t worry, we will kill all Horde heroes minus Durotan this time. :D

At least we will be friends with the Frostwolves. :D

Level 6
Hooo....don`t get fired up.I said kill Alliance races not Alliance members.We killed Horde races in TBC and we will kill Horde races in WoD not members of the playable Horde.

You are right.Keal never joined the Horde.

We might not consider them, all, heroes but the ingame Orcs do consider them.

Kargath, Doomhammer and Grom are certainly well established heroes in the eyes of the Horde.

Hell...in WC 3 Thrall`s battle cry was "For Doomhammer!" :D

Let`s get back on the lore brainstorm. :)

Edit. Who, what, where?!?!

Where did your post disappear !??!

Status
Not open for further replies.