• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Icons of the Scarlet Crusade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
For Pheonix Trial #4 I made 2 sequnces of icons with a scarlet crusade theme, now as a project of mine i've been working on some more items/upgrades icons within the same theme.

(The Icons from the Phoenix Trial will be added here tomorrow.)

The reason for this thread is that I would like some comments on them during my work. Under each of the icons there might be some notes saying what I want to do or am going to do with it.

All icons are 100% freehand with 200*200px "proof" pictures.
Don't +rep this thread, if you wish to give reputation wait for when they are submitted properly.

ashbringer.jpg

-Gonna fix the glow effect on the golden thing

buckler.jpg

-Anything to add/change?
-Sequence upgrade with Aegis->Bulwark

aegis.jpg

-Anything to add/change?
-Appearance ripped from WoW

bulwark.jpg

-Looks a bit odd, gonna remake it I believe, any comments on it?

hammer.jpg

-Gonna fix some lighting
-Sequence upgrade with bonegrinder->gavel
-Anything else? beyond that it's very dull since there's so much black space.

bonegrinder.jpg

-Anything to add/change?

gavel.jpg

-Anything to add/change?

Things that will be added:

- A 'trinket' with the scarlet insignia
- A tabard
- Staff sequence
- Boots
- Sword sequence
- High profile character items withing the crusade

Level 4
Looks good so far!
Just on the copperplated buckler I wouldthink about adding a band of copper metal tying the rim to the centre piece.. I don't know if it will make it look better but its just an idea. Looking foreward to seeing the end result of this.

Upload please :)
Okay, some criticism here, some there:

Looks nice so far, the upper part of the blade could need a bit deeper shadings, the ...coin (?) more definition.
Other than that, very nice.

Epic.

Both do not really appear metallic. Next to that, very nice as well. But please improve a metallic appearance.

Very nice upgrade sequence.

Level 15
Looks good so far!
Just on the copperplated buckler I wouldthink about adding a band of copper metal tying the rim to the centre piece.. I don't know if it will make it look better but its just an idea. Looking foreward to seeing the end result of this.

Hmm, I'll think about it, one things for sure, after looking at them now I feel that they need more clearer colors. Thanks, I'll keep working on them :)

Okay, some criticism here, some there:

I'll work up the Aegis and Bulwark, on the Ashbringer I'll try to fix the glow, which goes hand in hand with the definition :)

Thanks you guys and Paladon, I'll start uploads once I've finished them all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.