• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

easiest way to remove geosets from a complex model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
say you have something with as many polies as http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...9465/?prev=search=moon%20huntress&d=list&r=20 this for example what would be the best way to remove things like the bow and glaives
i noticed that just deleting the geosets of the bows and glaives causes the game to crash oO also it is very difficult to do in mangos because of all the vertex points and i dont want to do it in gmax becuse i dont want to have to recreate a new uv map any ideas?

Level 16
When you remove a geoset, remember that some of the geosets also have corresponding geoset animations.

Geoset Animations often crash WE if they aren't assigned to any geosets.

To solve this, either attach it to a different geoset(if you're adding) or remove the unassigned geoset animation.

Geoset Animations can be modified in Magos.

If you want to just make the bow and glaives "invisible", select the vertices in Magos and scale to 0. This means they'll be reduced to a TINY vertex. However, this won't remove them and the filesize will remain the same

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.