• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easier way of editting hero scale in multiple maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

I've editted all my ROC maps so that each hero has a scaling value similar to footmen/grunts, depending on the race, that way I wanted to make heroes less powerfull in a melee game due to size but also increase looks and realism.

However, I have a problem. :bored:

I want to do this for the frozen throne maps, but I'd say it would take me literally ages to edit every single map manually. :cry:

Any ideas how to do this easier? I did try the import/export custom data, however I really want to know if theres a faster way of doing this, like editting multiple maps at the same time then saving them.

+rep to all who help and thanks in advance. :thumbs_up:

You can open maps in WE and then clicking on ↓
attachment.php

Change maps, you can simple Copy and Paste units, triggers or whatever!

Still you can Copy and Paste only 1 unit for example or
copy unit, change to items copy item change map and paste item then unit and so on!

I hope this can help!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 156
Level 3
You can open maps in WE and then clicking on ↓
attachment.php

Change maps, you can simple Copy and Paste units, triggers or whatever!

Still you can Copy and Paste only 1 unit for example or
copy unit, change to items copy item change map and paste item then unit and so on!

I hope this can help!

I think you missunderstood me :gg:

I know how to copy/paste or export/import units or custom data, I also know how to switch maps, altho I don't do that, I just open new ones, import data, save. (A bug I noticed, textures turn into white after about 9 maps or so)

What I'm looking for is a faster way of importing the data into the maps, because importing the custom data over and over and over again many times for hours is just too much.

Thanks for your help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.