• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earthlings on Fire v0.3b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Fly an alien spaceship with the goal of destroying a human city. Using the cloak ability you can switch between your ship's captain and your ship itself. Inside the ship, you can purchase items, buildings and technologies. On the outside, you can blow up human structures and units.

Whenever you destroy a human building, the military will use the room to try to construct one of their buildings. Using teamwork, spawned units or laser strikes, you have to destroy every military and civilian building on the map to win. You lose if your captain dies (eithor from an irradiated unit becoming a hostile creature or from getting killed on earth's surface) If your ship dies, your captain will fall from the wreakage and give you a backup unit. Items will not carry over and you can no longer return to your ship.

Every level new types of enemy units will spawn and new types structures will get built. Every 120 seconds, the military will take a sixty second break. This gives you time to return to your ship and irradiate abducties.

Irradiated abducties will have a chance to drop an item, mutate into a creature or just explode.

Model Credits:
Lampost: Illidan(Evil)X
Explosions (mostly): WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Laser Strike: WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Alien Ship + Captain: Callahan
The really big custom tank: General Frank
Civilian Buildings: gotenkz
Titan: Illidan(Evil)X

Change Log
---------------------Version 0.3b
Major Chages:
-Added level 2 laser strike
-Added new research: zergling speed
-Added weapons for sale that increase damage
-War Walker is new human unit
-Added Income
-Redid Terrain
Minor Changes / Balance:
-Added 3 new random items; defense tower plans, rifle, moonstone
-Hero gains stats at a higher rate
-Orginized Shops
---------------------Version 0.2b
Major Changes:
-Engineer now spawns from edge of map instead of at build location. The engineer can be killed and starts with 300 health. The engineer can be irradiated.
-Terrain Work, addition of 2 parks, a graveyard and a storage area
-Bounty Increased / All weapon values doubled
-Fixed a player 4 bug that retained shop ownership
-Changed military level up to grant +10% health instead of +20 health
Minor Changes / Balance:
-Value of repair drones from 100 to 65
-Amount in stock of repair drones from 3 to 9
-Warpstone mana cost removed
-Laser Strike Research cost from 200 to 500
-Artillery Strike Research cost from 100 to 250
-Artillery Strike Radius increased by 50

Keywords:
alien, earthling, fire, spaceship, space, earth, future
Contents

Earthlings on Fire v0.3b (Map)

Reviews
04:30, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
This game was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Yet... it's way too difficult. The military instantly starts building something at the exact location of that building you just destroyed. Either make the peasants walk a distance/have a delay before building, or set the victory conditions so that you have to destroy all civilian buildings to win, instead of every building.

EDIT - Maybe I should try playing multiplayer...

Level 7
Alright, I'll find a way to get gold more consistant next version, currently your only hope of getting enough gold for something really good is randomly getting a valuable item through irradiation. If anyone plays a game on battle.net, tell me how it went, cause i've only been able to test it with 1-3 players.

Level 7
Ok, some changes that are coming in the next version,
1) Engineers spawn from map edges and run to the construction site. They can be killed in route, but it is fairly difficult early on. They CAN be irradiated, but that will need to be tested.
2) Bounty was raised and thus the price of all weapons were doubled for balance. Most other items retained their cost and value.
3) Some terrain additions which are fully destructible.
4) New Items and fixed/removed some of the less useful ones

Please if you have any suggestions at all, post them. Otherwise, version 0.2b will come out in the next day or two.

Level 7
This game is still WAY to hard! Your ship hardly does any damage... 200 more damage MIGHT do something... Turrets do WAY to much DPS, and tanks r practicly indisctructable... and I still find it hard to buy new weapons later on because u cant get any gold because, like I said, Ship hardly does any damage. Might as well make it shoot pellows... Sorry, but I couldnt find anything better in the new version :sad:

Level 9
[+] Great idea
[+] Nice light imported models
[+] Nice landscape
[] Multiboard would be better here
[] Add some more features to the map
[-] Leaks
[-] Triggering is very bad

Overall: Nice beta version. [8/10]

Level 7
[+] Great idea
[+] Nice light imported models
[+] Nice landscape
[] Multiboard would be better here
[] Add some more features to the map
[-] Leaks
[-] Triggering is very bad

Overall: Nice beta version. [8/10]

Sorry about the leaks, this is my first map that i've attempted to prevent leaks from the get-go. If anyone can tell me where there are leaks and how to prevent them, that would be helpful. Is it the part where building get added to a group to build units? If so, how can I fix that.

Otherwise, I can usially survive as long as I need to, but as a singleplayer or 1-4 player game, It's too hard to win. I'll think of something to make it easyer. Suggestions are welcome and it is only in beta.

Level 10
there is a bug I have noticed, when you irradiate a unit and it turns into a neutral hostile, if it turns into a hydralisk. This hydralisk doesn't attack it just sits there even though its neutral hostile, but the hero in the ship takes damage even when the is killed in any way--irradiate it you still take damage, kill it with your units you still take damage untill you inevitably die.

other then that the concept is very nice and I like the map, but was disappointed to see that the AI just stopped after some time and you could just pick off buildings, until you kill all the buildings never having to directly take on the masses of Armageddon Tanks.

My suggestion is also to have the buildings improve over time, via global upgrades every round improving hitpoints.