• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth Spell Pack v1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hope you all enjoy my spells:Sand Stomp, Sand Quaker and Hyper Knock! Thanks!

Keywords:
earth, spell, pack
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
15 November 2015 BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 20:53, 1st Mar 2010 TriggerHappy: HyperKnock is not MUI. Feel free to remove it if you don't feel like making it MUI, then this can probably be...

M

15 November 2015
BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

20:53, 1st Mar 2010
TriggerHappy:

HyperKnock is not MUI. Feel free to remove it if you don't feel like making it MUI, then this can probably be approved.

Level 15
Them theme is Earth I believe?
I like your spells effects, but they are too powerful o_O

18 Shockwaves.... units at the very middle will DIE instantly or what?
Why does Hyper Knock let you target allied units o_O, and only at melee range?

You leak every location used, you should read a memory leak guide to clear them.

Level 11
I should accept, that this is a good use of special effects. Evenmore, your first two spells are good codded. The only thing I dislike - is your Hyper Knockback. Not because you don't clean any position leak at your Knockback Loop (It leaks about 4 times every 0.04, which means 90.000 leaks per minute, if the spell would be used unstoppably ;) ), but because it even look ugly and unreal. Unfortunately, you are forbidden to use outgame imports, so... What can I say? I won't rate this, just make sure, you know the rules. :)

Remove imports, clean leaks. Then this should be accepted.

Level 11
Of course I can:

• Unit - Move HK_Target_Unit instantly to ((Position of HK_TC) offset by ((Distance between (Position of HK_TC) and (Position of HK_Target_Unit)) + 25.00) towards (Angle from (Position of HK_TC) to (Position of HK_Target_Unit)) degrees)
  • Unit - Move HK_TC instantly to ((Position of HK_Target_Unit) offset by ((Distance between (Position of HK_Target_Unit) and (Position of HK_TC)) - 28.00) towards (Angle from (Position of HK_Target_Unit) to (Position of HK_TC)) degrees)
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of HK_TC) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of HK_Target_Unit) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of HK_TC) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
  • Surrounding - Create a 0.50 second timed crater deformation at (Position of HK_Target_Unit) with radius 200.00 and depth 15.00
ALL this stuff leaks at "Position of HK_TC" and "Position of HK_Target_Unit". Also! This thing:

((Distance between (Position of HK_Target_Unit) and (Position of HK_TC)) - 28.00) towards (Angle from (Position of HK_Target_Unit) to (Position of HK_TC)) degrees)

Should be set into variable too! Before usage. So your lines should look like:

• Set HK_Location1 = Position of HK_TC
  • Set HK_Location2 = Position of HK_Target_Unit
  • Set HK Location3 = ((Distance between HK_Location1 and (HK_Location2 - 28.00) towards (Angle from HK_Location1 to HK_Position2) degrees)
  • Unit - Move instantly and bla-bla-bla to HK_Location3 etc
Got it?

EDIT: That's just a quick example, I could make a mistake. I even didn't write it in WE, just here :)

Level 11
Since you asked me, I've checked it again. That's well that you finally added an Esc System to your testing map, but I see no reason in switching it off for three seconds. ;)

Let's move to triggers. I started from the hyper knockback. You've fixed all the leaks in the loop, but I found a leak and unefficient codding in the main trigger. Why do you use If/Then/Else in this trigger:

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (HK_Target_Unit belongs to an enemy of (Owner of HK_TC)) equal to(==) True
    • Then - Actions
You can set it at the beggining of the spell - there is no limit on the number of conditions!

• Events
    • Unit - A unit starts an effect of ability
      • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to (==) Hyper Knock
    • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit)) equal to (==) True
Just to let you know (I didn't check it myself), if it's possible to cast on your own units (I think it does since you have such a condition), then this point will leak, because it's set, but then never destroyed:

• Set HK_Location = (Position of HK_TC)
You can just make trigger look like this to prevent this leak and don't manipulate with entire conditions:

• Hyper Knock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts an effect of ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to (==) Hyper Knock
    • Actions
      • Set HK_TC = (Triggering unit)
      • Set HK_Target_Unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set HK_Location = (Position of HK_TC)
      • Set HK_Owner = (Owner of HK_TC)
      • Set HK_Strength = (Strength of HK_TC (including bonuses))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for HK_Owner at HK_Location facing HK_Location
      • Unit - Add Hyper Knock[Stun] to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Mountain King (Alliance) - Storm Bolt HK_Target_Unit
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second _dunno word_ expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • -------- Here is it - move it outside the If/Then/Else --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HK_Location)
By the holy gods, someone, give me a link to english WE, I'm going crazy of translating all this stuff! ><

Next, Sand Quaker:

• If ((Level of Sand Quaker for SQ_Unit[1]) equal to (==) 1) then do (Set SQ_Percentages = (Random integer number between 1 and 6)) else do (Do nothing)
And you make this three times?! Gosh, make it like this:

• Set SQ_Percentages = (Random integer number between 1 and (7 - (Level of Sand Quaker for SQ_Unit[1])))
And again, move all "call RomoveLocation" outside the If/Then/Else or you'll leak two points per unsuccessful cast!

Remove "Do Nothing" action - it's unefficient using this. Don't you think Do Nothing and nothing at all equal? Yes, they do, but this will slow down the work of the map for a nanosecond :D

This is ulseless variable:

• Set SQ_Owner = (Owner of SQ_Unit[1])
You can easily use (Owner of SQ_Unit[1]) - it doesn't leak. Only player groups do. Players - not. Same for the owner of unit in Sand Stomp trigger.

• Set SQ_Ability = Sand Quaker[Effects]
Useless variable once again. :)

Seems, that's all from now.

But don't you think yourself, that your Hyper Knockback spell looks ugly? And it won't stop even if the casting unit is stunned... ;(

EDIT: Looks like it's first time when I create such a huge review. :D