• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth n Storm spell !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

I need help in making a transformation spell for Pandaren brewmaster.
Let's call it "Storm n Earth".
skill-3.gif

When the hero learns "Storm n Earth" -which is only a passive icon- he learns 2 extra abilities :-
icon.JPG
1)Storm form
icon.gif
2)Panda form

-Storm form : Transform the panda to Storm -from the primal split- increasing his attack and movement speed but decreasing his hp...having same abilities.
-Panda form : Transform storm back to the original panda (high hp low movement and attack speed)

both have 50 sec cooldown and requires 120 mana

Note that the transformation is completely (not timed like metamorphis)

How to make such spell?

Level 2
Tinker's robo goblin?
Remove the bonus str, and attack speed
Then make a trigger that add 2 more ability and increase them

• test
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
  • Learned hero skill equal to transformation
  • Actions
  • Unit - Add Storm form to learning hero
i tried this but when i try the magic (storm form) the icon disappears and no effect takes place

Level 2
Oh sorry, it's not like that, it doesn't require any trigger at all (i'm truly sorry, mis read)
Just use tinker's robo goblin, and make 2 hero
One is strom, and the other is the basic form (earth)

No i want a a dummy passive ability beacause im adding another form

Level 17
Oh, so you mean the dummy passive ability is gone when you cast the transformation?
Make another dummy ability, this time the ability belongs to unit, then add the ability via object editor, and make the trigger, when the unit begins to cast the transformation ability, set the level of the next hero's dummy ability to the same level of the transformation's level

Level 2
Oh, so you mean the dummy passive ability is gone when you cast the transformation?
Make another dummy ability, this time the ability belongs to unit, then add the ability via object editor, and make the trigger, when the unit begins to cast the transformation ability, set the level of the next hero's dummy ability to the same level of the transformation's level

You don't understand me :D

-Transformaion : only a "useless" passive ability that is learned
-Storm form : is learned when transformation is learned

my problem when i learn transformaion, storm form is learned but when i cast it no effect takes place and the storm form icon disappears

Level 2
DO you gain skills When u switch ur hero?

I think no abi change( ok man ... gime time to find post )
u can change how u hero look with 1abi ( it will be the form )^^
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/hero-passive-transformation-198482/
use that to change ur hero look
and Trigger add abilityes (item bonus Hp)etc...

the storm form is working fine alone
but when i make a trigger to make storm ability learned by another dummy ability it doesn't work fine ... see the attached map above.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You forgot to make the ability permanent. Thus when the unit transforms it gets lost.

To make an ability permanent you need to use this native...
JASS:
native UnitMakeAbilityPermanent takes unit whichUnit,boolean permanent,integer abilityId returns boolean
There may or may not be a GUI action for it.

As the ability was not permanent, the instant the hero transformed it was removed which instantly trasnformed the hero back.

Add the ability and then instantly make it permanent when you learn it.

You can ofcourse make ability not permanent at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.