• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Mining Cart

Straight from Fuzzyfury's genius mind, comes the invention Blizzard wasn't epic enough to think of!

THE DWARVEN MINING CART!

Made from parts of destroyed siege engines, THE DWARVEN MINING CART features compartments for storing gold and lumber on the go, Two mining picks for double productivity and a 100 year old dwarven design! I think there is also an ale storing compartment somewhere in there but I wasn't able to find it.

"I want one even tho I don't take my gold all the way to the base" - Undead Acolyte

"How didn't we think of this?" - Blizzard Entertainment

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! for how convenient this thing is" - Illidan

Update: Changed the body of the resource cart with a custom made one, And made a team colored lamp since i had to remove the tc on the stock model. The tc on the lamp doesn't show in the editor or model viewer, it ONLY SHOWS INGAME.

NOTICE: This unit is not the harvester unit, it is used as a mobile drop off site for gold and lumber. Your workers don't have to run all the way to the base to drop the resources, you take the drop off point with you.

Thanks to MiniMage and Misha for giving me tips and answering my modeling questions.

Keywords:
Dwarf, Dwarven, Cart, Mining, Resource, Epic, Gold, Lumber, Worker, Pony
Contents

Dwarven Mining Cart (Model)

Reviews
12:57, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: I've been thinking about this for a long time. You need to add more changes to the mesh, it just looks too similar to the steamtank.
Ralle
Set to awaiting update as the author most likely will update it.
HappyCockroach
Looks good and is certainly useful. Already in approvable state, but there's one minor flaw you could fix: The teamcolored particle leaves a weird trail in-game. It would be good if you set those particles to Model Space, so they don't spread around...

M

12:57, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: I've been thinking about this for a long time. You need to add more changes to the mesh, it just looks too similar to the steamtank.

Level 7
if you remove 1 exhaust it would look a bit less like the siege engine :p.

I already removed two exhausts, If I remove one more I fear the smoke is gonna destroy the engine.

Wow brilliant idea! I wonder how come did humans not use a faster and safer way to transport gold with lumber! I guess we don't need slave peasants anymore, technology rules! 5/5

It is only used as a resource drop off machine, the "slave peasants" still have to mine the gold and chop trees themselves... Better train some monkeys to do it if you want cheap labor.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
You want fries with that?
Lol, sure (also a mango smoothie). No, not a request or demand; just a cool idea I thought of. Who knows? :p

Is it supposed to be some kind of harvester? If it is, it still needs some of the animations added.
Although I agree it should've been more clear (perhaps put into the description up top), the creator did mention:
It is only used as a resource drop off machine, the "slave peasants" still have to mine the gold and chop trees themselves... Better train some monkeys to do it if you want cheap labor.