1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dustin Browder on HotS - Out of touch much?!

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Gwypaas, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Gwypaas

Gwypaas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dustin Browder on Starcraft and HotS - Out of touch much?!

Go to 11:00.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vlWyK6rs7E0#t=665s

No Browder, Arcade is a fucking piece of shit and the top ten list has been stagnant for 2 years because you can't fucking play anything else...

Seems like Dota 2 modding is the future, lets just hope Valve does it right, but considering their past I they probably will!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The top 10 list is generateed by players, not him. You can play a lot of different maps as the new arcade waiting for players list garuntees your game equal visibility no mater how popular it is.

The real problem is the player base. It is full of people who want to play the same 10 maps all the time. 90% of arcade players probably never look at the waiting for players list becasue they are too busy playing the same old junk.

Yeh, crashes everywhere and lacking major features.

3. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's even more surprising that infestors aren't made any worse against terran, since ghosts are pretty much never used against them.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Balance is still not finalized. Expect changes right up to the March release.

5. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a WoL update, not HotS.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Any changes made to WoL balance in the near future is meaningless as HotS will become the platform for SC2 competitive gamming.

7. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A fundamental change in a spell's behaviour would presumably carry over to HotS.

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Where there are different units which might change how it interacts in any case.

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I had read somewhere that the Arcade had changed little regarding that small problem. The whole situation with the lists is next to hilarious because:
    1) it has been going on for 2 years now,
    2) every attempt to amend it has been clumsy and ineffective,
    3) it's extremely easy to fix (infinite possibilities, e.g. after a reset, make previous spotlight maps unable to appear for 1 week).
    Whether Blizzard ends up resolving it or not, this will probably go down in history as quite pathetic a predicament.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The problem with the list is solved, you can now see all games that are waiting for players in an order independant list (so if your map is popular or not makes no difference where on the list it appears).

The problem is the player base to too stupid to play maps other than those that are popular or wait more than 15 seconds for a game to get players without spamming "GOGOGOGO".

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, that's too bad. If at the top of the list are the games waiting the longest, then good job, at least it's a good idea.

12. Meh...

Meh...

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only issue is Swarm Host's abusive spam of Locusts, that's like free hydralisks in dmg.. some Master tell me they r so weak and need buff lmao...

Gotta love Widow Mine, since I now ladder in HotS but it aint helping vs so many abuse Z units...

The new features of HotS r great - wins, losses displayed, EXP, unranked matchmaking, ranked which I started... What else you complain about.

The problem is the sucks maps some make, make smth good host it, use Open Games... profit? Eitherway bb WoL, HotS better

I told David Kim in the forums he makes horrible balance decisions, and atnCloud and Satinii think so too.

Terran do need a new unit, some call 'Hellbat' a new unit - LOL haha. Such a lie, just the same hellion you can heal but no one uses cause vehicle times faster. Some offered Rocket Launcher vehicle as a new Terran unit and I loved the idea.