• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dustin Browder on HotS - Out of touch much?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dustin Browder on Starcraft and HotS - Out of touch much?!

Go to 11:00.

No Browder, Arcade is a fucking piece of shit and the top ten list has been stagnant for 2 years because you can't fucking play anything else...

Seems like Dota 2 modding is the future, lets just hope Valve does it right, but considering their past I they probably will!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No Browder, Arcade is a fucking piece of shit and the top ten list has been stagnant for 2 years because you can't fucking play anything else...
The top 10 list is generateed by players, not him. You can play a lot of different maps as the new arcade waiting for players list garuntees your game equal visibility no mater how popular it is.

The real problem is the player base. It is full of people who want to play the same 10 maps all the time. 90% of arcade players probably never look at the waiting for players list becasue they are too busy playing the same old junk.

Seems like Dota 2 modding is the future, lets just hope Valve does it right, but considering their past I they probably will!
Yeh, crashes everywhere and lacking major features.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yeah, I had read somewhere that the Arcade had changed little regarding that small problem. The whole situation with the lists is next to hilarious because:
1) it has been going on for 2 years now,
2) every attempt to amend it has been clumsy and ineffective,
3) it's extremely easy to fix (infinite possibilities, e.g. after a reset, make previous spotlight maps unable to appear for 1 week).
Whether Blizzard ends up resolving it or not, this will probably go down in history as quite pathetic a predicament.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem with the list is solved, you can now see all games that are waiting for players in an order independant list (so if your map is popular or not makes no difference where on the list it appears).

The problem is the player base to too stupid to play maps other than those that are popular or wait more than 15 seconds for a game to get players without spamming "GOGOGOGO".

Level 1
The only issue is Swarm Host's abusive spam of Locusts, that's like free hydralisks in dmg.. some Master tell me they r so weak and need buff lmao...

Gotta love Widow Mine, since I now ladder in HotS but it aint helping vs so many abuse Z units...

The new features of HotS r great - wins, losses displayed, EXP, unranked matchmaking, ranked which I started... What else you complain about.

The problem is the sucks maps some make, make smth good host it, use Open Games... profit? Eitherway bb WoL, HotS better

I told David Kim in the forums he makes horrible balance decisions, and atnCloud and Satinii think so too.

Terran do need a new unit, some call 'Hellbat' a new unit - LOL haha. Such a lie, just the same hellion you can heal but no one uses cause vehicle times faster. Some offered Rocket Launcher vehicle as a new Terran unit and I loved the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.