• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Durian's Castle Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I'll list a few class suggestions. Hope they're to your liking.

-Hunter --> Sniper or Marksman
-Rogue --> Assassin or Warden
-Warrior --> Champion or Knight
-Mage --> Wizard or Conjurer

Marksman:

In my opinion, a Sniper would expertise more in dealing instant damage to enemies, as where a Marksman would focus more on passive abilities to deal more damage or inflict bullet/arrow wounds.

Warden:

Rather than specializing in direct damage and poisons, the Warden would trap and immobilize the target, allowing him/her to deal damage while the opponent is unable to fight back. (Or instead of disabling attack, just reduce attack speed/movement speed.)

Warrior:

I just think this is a more befitting title for the first stage of the class.

Knight:

Instead of Shielder (?), I figured a Knight would do well. Basically a tank, specializing in defense rather than offense, unlike its counterpart the Champion.

Conjurer:

Basically a Summoner, but draws upon the environment around him/her to call forth a beast/monster. If there's water, a Water Elemental is summoned. If he's in a rocky environment, a Rock Golem is summoned.

The Ideas of the names are quite good but I have some questions.
1. What kinds of weapons do you think they shall wear ?
Marksman --> Bow/Crossbow
Warden --> Dagger/Maze/Sword
Warrior --> Sword+Shield/2hand weapon
Knight --> Sword+Shield
Conjurer --> Staff/dagger+offhand
2. What kind of spells do you think for the ultimate of Marksman, Warden, Knight and Conjurer?
3. When he can summon a beast/monster too, like the Summoner, what other spells should he get so they are different ?
Sorry for that Questions/Critic.
To 1.: The Models should look a bit unique, they shouldn't be use by many people ... it's boring to look at them when it is like that.
To 2.: The ultimate spell is a very important spell showing if the whole class is made very well. Also I will write a Story to each character so i should know if the spell fits to the class ;)
To 3.: all classes should be different and have different spells so noone says that she/he needs to play with just 3 different classes to kill e.g. Durian ...
But all in all nice ideas. Thank you very much !

//edit: Changed something on the map. Can someone please tell me how to edit the maximum lvl of the map ? The maximum now is lvl10 ;P

Attachments

• Durian's Castle.w3x
    666.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 9
Wow, you're working on a map and don't even know how to change the maximum level?

Anyway, you can change it by going to:
Advanced -> Gameplay Constants - Hero Maximum Level
And then change it to what you want.

As for the weapons, the ones you listed for each class seems to go pretty well for them.

Sri6 said:
PS: 2500 Views and 136 Replies. Project seems to be good ;P
Lol.. Most of the replies is from the team members:xxd: But whatever. I have done a little more items, but i really need informations about what creeps there is in the dungeons and also the bosses. That would be great. It makes it much easier for me, because 'Leons Legacy' is much better than 'just another legacy'. I will give you the new items when i have made around 40 items. You can see how much the items is worth, because i changed their levels. (lvl1 is bad, lvl 9 is rare)

Level 4
I`m currently working on the creeps but i couldnt do so much because school really sucks atm ... today is last day then i have 2 weeks holiday ... then i think it done fast :)
@Darkey: Thanks for the help ;)

Level 6
The Ideas of the names are quite good but I have some questions.
2. What kind of spells do you think for the ultimate of Marksman, Warden, Knight and Conjurer?
marksman --> focus fire : fire a target, deal instant massive damage, slowing the target.
warden --> poison dagger of disable : shoot a target, target get poison buff (dealing x dps), immobilize, and silence. warden get addition move speed and attack speed for x second
knight --> Hearth of Warrior : knight get addition damage deal, move speed, and attack speed, and it's increase as much as knight loss some hit point. last x second, and get full hp after it.
conjurer --> Knowladge of Power[passive] : increase conjurer's int and damage permanently
3. When he can summon a beast/monster too, like the Summoner, what other spells should he get so they are different ?
passive skill, that decrease manacost for summoning, or active like increase damage for summoned beast, or conjure image (copy unit, friend or foe)

just idea..

Level 4
Hey Trolman i don't know how far u got but we need free space for the Durian fight ... is added a place where he CAN be ! it don't mean that he have to be there ... but it shall be a place where we have some space for the event ...
Nearly all places have creeps now ... custom or standard ... the standard creeps i will optimize later !

Attachments

• Durian's Castle.w3x
    822.4 KB · Views: 30
Level 4
What about the end of the left dungeon (with the water elementals and the maze?)

There we make a boss but if you kill him you will be ported do Durian so we have some space for an event, because is is the final boss of the game. But if u can get some space up there u can do that too ...

Level 18
There we make a boss but if you kill him you will be ported do Durian so we have some space for an event, because is is the final boss of the game. But if u can get some space up there u can do that too ...

Ok I'll leave some space for the fight in that region from the snow to the town and ill fill the rest of it with plaguelands... :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
It looks awesome !
You did a great job.
Can you make the city in front of the castle ? the free space with black ground ?
It just shall be a city where you can buy weapon/armor/potions and stuff like that and there you can accept new quests

Level 4
- Project will be reactivated -

Hey Guys,
if you are still interested in finishing the Map, please leave a comment in this thread so i know who is going to help me and who can't anymore. I am really sorry that i took me so long, but school seemed to be easy but i was hard -.-
Also I need the last Production Map, 'cause I needed to re-install Windows Vista since it wasn't able to start once.
I also got some new Ideas I want to share with you and want to know if you like / dislike them !
Greets Sri6
PS: I wait for your answers !

Level 4
Let's see if i find it ;P
But there have to be some more ^^

//edit: Very nice. Found them both ;P The Production Map and the Item Map.
//edit2: Started editing the creeps. Since i am not a pro i need someone to finish my work (look if lvl/dmg/loot and so on is correct or needs a improvement)
//edit3: Have to stop working on the map for this morning, because of eating ;P I attached the Map with my changes in the Object Editor !

Last edited:
Level 4
First of all it's best to finish the Enviroment:
-Terraining ( Done, except Endboss Area),
-Creeps (At 50%... some are missing, some has to edited/improved),
-Quests.
Afterwards we concentrate on Classes/Spells + Triggering.
At the end we will complete the dungeons/-events, which we do not really need in our productionmap. Maybe we make them after the beta version for the maptesters ... They aren't usefull if nothing else works correctly ;)
//edit: Two Guys who helped me will help again. I am grateful that you didn't left my Team even though I was inactive for a long Time !
//edit2: It would be nice if we can split up the work, like doing the Enviroment stuff on the Main map and the as example the triggering on another so we just can copy the triggers to the main map.

Level 14
malaysia-durian.jpg

Durian!

Best boss concept EVER.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 4
I love Guys, who just read the headline and post something useless -.-
However: That the Names of the Lord in my Storyline and the Name of the Fruit is the same is pure coincidence.
So: First think and read before you post something !

Level 4
Ohh ... Ok then "Bump" instead if push xDD
PS: Still need some more people so the map wont take so long ;)

Level 4
//edit:
All creeps now, except of the ones in the plaqued Woods, are on the Map (Unfixed, Unbalanced).
We need one now who can make the heroes. I don't know how to do it, so I have to ask someone else !
When the Heroes are done we will trigger Heroes / Class Change so we/I can edit the Creeps to balance them !

Attachments

• Durian's Castle.w3x
    886.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 4
--Bump--

PS: Last bump if noone answers. I can't do everything alone, because i don't know how !
So if noone answers the project will dies !

Level 4
Using the standart melee heroes is senseless because the damage from the standart heroes dont have to be the same for the heroes planned ... so we would do it now and afterwards we would do it again ...

Level 4
Ok Project is paused until we find someone who can edit the Heroes.
--------------------------------------------
What you should be able to do:
-Creating the Heroes with customized Stats
-Adding the spells (if there are some)
-changing the models of each Hero
--------------------------------------------
If you can help us post an answer please !

Level 4
Hey Hey Hey, mates!
Naitsirk and I gonna make the custom Heroes now, since we aren't good at making Heroes, they will be strong enough to beat the
creeps but they will be unbalanced. But we don't used to make a PvP-Area so it is not as bad as it sounds.
But if there is anyone, who is good in Hero-Making, then let us know and you'll get the Map. We also give Credits to all who helps us and helped before the Break!
Since this is going to be a StoryLINE, "Durian's Castle" will have a following Map to complete the story. (The Storyline from this
Map i am working on together with the storyline for the next Map)
By the Way: We need and idea for the plaqued Forest, like what creeps to put in there and like what role this Forest shall have in the Story ;)
Well, and Yes, Naitsirk is in the Team again :) We use to have contact
via MSN because it's easier to send the Maps and to Talk about the Development and the Progress of the Map. When you, trolman and all the testers have MSN please add me to your friendlist so we can stay in contact.
My MSN Adress is: [email protected]
If you add me write your Hivename in the Textbox so i know who you are ;)

Level 4
Well that you don't have msn isnt bad as long we have Hive :p
Zombies in the plaqued Forest is the easiest way to solve the Problem but right after this Forest there is a Place where Zombies are so we have to find something else

Level 5
Mage - Wizard/Warlock maybe? :grin: Warlock with spells like Life Drain, Rain of Chaos, Shadow Bolt and stuff? :thumbs_up:

Btw, if you need some custom units, or help with terrain, im in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.