• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duplicating items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Type of problem:
Other

Map Version:
1.1i (4)

Description of the problem:
Thieves can steal soulbond items from other player F2 backpack, thus making possibility to duplicate items.

(bugs only) How to reproduce the bug (if possible):
2 players should join the game, 1 thieve and e.g. mage (doesn't matter class). Mage should put item to F2 he saved before, and thieve is able to steal this item. Most time thieve steals gold, but there is low chance to steal item from F2 too.

Type of problem:
Other

Map Version:
1.1i (4)

Description of the problem:
Thieves can steal soulbond items from other player F2 backpack, thus making possibility to duplicate items.

(bugs only) How to reproduce the bug (if possible):
2 players should join the game, 1 thieve and e.g. mage (doesn't matter class). Mage should put item to F2 he saved before, and thieve is able to steal this item. Most time thieve steals gold, but there is low chance to steal item from F2 too.
Thanks for reporting that. However, it's impossible to really "steal" an item from someone. The steal ability just creates an item out of nowhere based on the steal table from random trash of the matching level. In this case: the level of the player, so nobody needs to worry about their items. And it can only be done once per game.

Level 3
Well i kinda disagree. Sadly i don't have replay, but fire resist armor (leather one) was stolen from me. It disappeared from my F2 backpack and appeared in other thieve's backpack.

Testing this without increasing chance to steal item is kinda hard and long, so unfortunately cant' repeat this situation. But i will steal from other players once in a while, maybe it'll work again. =)

Well i kinda disagree. Sadly i don't have replay, but fire resist armor (leather one) was stolen from me. It disappeared from my F2 backpack and appeared in other thieve's backpack.

Testing this without increasing chance to steal item is kinda hard and long, so unfortunately cant' repeat this situation. But i will steal from other players once in a while, maybe it'll work again. =)
Sorry, but I dont know what you were playing. Obviously not Gaias, because I KNOW how the steal ability works. I coded it. And it doesn't work that way.
You CAN NOT actually steal items from other players. You might be able to "steal" something from players, but you can not steal the items that belong to this player. All steal does is creating a random item from a pre-defined steal list. Something else simply cant happen, because there's no line of code that would do that. It doesnt check inventory neither does it remove something from the stolen-ones inventory.
Also, how should a thief ever be possible to actually TARGET the backpack? Its invisible, you can not target it other than with quickbar icons.

Did u erase the topic i made about multiple wolf summons? Sry i should've put it in here...
Dont post something like that here, because it can be abused. Don't get me wrong: its a good thing you reported this (although we already knew about it), but report things like that via PM, not public, so that people cant make use of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.