• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Wall Doorways [Mine]

Dungeon walls, because wc3 cliffs aren't very pretty. Made to fit with pathing textures. Scaled to fit with size 1.00. Second animation is used when a unit is behind a wall or if you want a better overview over the dungeon layout. More to come.

The open door fits with the following pathing texture:
View attachment 151243

The rest fits with:
PathTextures\4x2Default.tga

The_Silent

Keywords:
wall, dungeon, maze, mine, underground, interior, dm, gm, dragons, treasure, rogue, like, crawler
Contents

Dungeon Wall Doorways [Mine] (Model)

Dungeon Wall Doorways [Mine] (Model)

Reviews
14:31, 6th Mar 2016 HappyCockroach: These dungeon wall models are really nicely done. Once simple but nice thing is that they have exactly 128 units of length, what makes its usage much easier - no gaps in-game, no scale adjustment required. And the...

M

14:31, 6th Mar 2016
HappyCockroach:
These dungeon wall models are really nicely done. Once simple but nice thing is that they have exactly 128 units of length, what makes its usage much easier - no gaps in-game, no scale adjustment required. And the whole set of animations adds many possibilities of usage. Willing to see dungeon crawler maps done with it :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Perhaps consider adding a version with the "stone" texture. It would fit the stone-like walls better than this wodden version that fits with the mine/wooden walls.

Also, while the stone arch fits perfectly with the stone walls. It doesn't really fit the wooden ones. I suggest you change it to wooden planks. The texture for the Support Column will help in that regard.

Other than that, this is ofcourse very awesome. And will be quite useful!

Perhaps consider adding a version with the "stone" texture. It would fit the stone-like walls better than this wodden version that fits with the mine/wooden walls.

Also, while the stone arch fits perfectly with the stone walls. It doesn't really fit the wooden ones. I suggest you change it to wooden plank.

Other than that, this is ofcourse very awesome. And will be quite useful!

It was originally meant as the transition between the two types. Stone version will come as soon as I get around to it. So will other types of doorways, including a more mine like one fitting mine walls more.

The doorway variations look a little small, wont the passsing units mesh slide through the sides when going through?

I guess so? Obviously it depends on what size units you use, at the moment units with a size larger than the 2x2 pathing texture can't pass through anyway (With recommended pathing textures). Hmh, will be kinda messy to go all the way back to the milkshape mesh and redo it, but will see if I can fix it in War3Model editor.

Level 1
Hello I am new to making custom maps and have been using your pack to build some dungeons. Unfortunately I cannot see the path required to make the doors function properly, I get a download for an image file I cannot view. Could you please paste the text so that I can correctly assign the path in the editor? Thank you.