• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Tennis v2.3

This map is a minigame of category sports. Its a tennis which is, I guess the best to play in a 4on4 and with low delay :)

Whenever scoring a point your player gets a few experience points which can be used to skill blink, windwalk, slow or a stun.

You can move the ball by hitting it, for example you hit from the right it goes to the left side, so your attack is like the hit of a tennis player :)

There are also runes spawning every 30 seconds, you have to know you cannot use 2 at the same time. You just pick them up and then if u hit the ball in the next 15 seconds there will be a special ball and the buff being removed. For example you pick up the fire rune and hit the ball, the rune buff is removed and the ball turns into a fire-one getting very fast with that hit.

After each hit the ball will turn faster and faster so it is getting more amusing to play

This map is updated now to 2.3
Fixed the sutck-bug and improved the graphics a bit. Balls are also no longer causing memory leaks and you can disable the runespawn if wished.

Hope you enjoy, btw. L0rd_Teddybear, that's me :) (also 2smashed4u)

Keywords:
Tennis, Dungeon, Mini, Game, Sports, Ball, Net, New, 2.3
Contents

Dungeon Tennis v2.3 (Map)

Reviews
17:30, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Btw. I added the protected, because I#ve got them in one folder and I want to know which one's are the protected ones. And no, the protection is not necessairly needed.

I didn't do much on this map since half a year, but I uploaded it to get some feedback on my work.

@Spoontoobig: The bug with that stucked ball didn't occur when i tested it^^ so maybe I will try to fix it and put a new version on hive someday :)

Level 1
Omg thats the best map i aheve ever seen in my whole live but what about adding some fans on the side?

Level 7
Here is a review P:

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*NOTE I PLAYED A VARIETY OF MAP TYPES and ARENAS*

• Pudge as the character
  • The number of power-ups to change the ball
  • How you can change the speed/score of the game
  • The mechanism to hit the ball over the net
  • The loading screen

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • All of the game worked

• Hard to control the ball
  • Terrain is a bit dull

• Include the credits in the description and you could also include a Youtube video to spice up the map before people download it.
  • Add a full change-log and/or an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding

• A Custom map preview image would make the map look 100x better!

Okay I was playing the game and was thinking I'm a bit bored of the same old fire tennis field.

So I was thinking when the game starts you could type "-terrain Fire" for example if you want a your tennis field to be fire.

The different fields could be:
  • Dirt
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Ice

Okay I was playing the game and was thinking why not add some weather effects to the field?

So I was thinking when the game starts you could type "-terrain Snow" for example if you want it to be snowing on your field.

The different Weather effects could be:
  • Snow
  • Rain
  • Hail
  • Wind
  • Sun
  • Sandstorm

Also different weather effects could have different effects on the game, for example sun could make it really bright and hard to see whereas Sandstorm could slow down move speed and ball speed.

Ontop of the above two suggestions I was thinking it would be cool if we could make it day or night time on the court.

We could type "-Day" which would make it day and "-Night" which would make it night.

Making it night would be hard mode and Day would be easy mode as Night time the ball would be harder to see then it would at Day thus making Day easier than Night.

Overall, the map is a fun and enjoyable map with a unique game-play. The map also has hours of fun before it gets boring! Everything on the map seemed to be working and there were no major glitches/bugs or errors.
I would suggest this map to friends and anyone who likes a custom map or anyone who likes tennis.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 It doesn't get 5 as there are still a few CONS and you need to make it so we have more control over where we hit the ball

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: I'd love to here your feedback on my suggestions and can't wait to see what you can bring to this map and many others! Hope you can somehow give us more control over hitting the ball :)

Level 2
Yeah, thank you for your positive responses :)
I like your suggestions for the terrain, because I was also thinking about making the terrain different, but I didn't know how to make it without loosing the play factor and creating less overview. So I will definitely give this terrain improvements a GO!

I was also considering about if I would add something like an easy mode for beginners (for me the controling of the ball is easy^^) which would work like moving the ball always a little bit more to the enmies' field.

Thank you, I will definitely improve this map again with that super suggestions (although I don't know how to do a custom map preview yet)

EDIT: By the way, I think you forgot to rate Lag_Reviews :)

Level 7
Yeah, thank you for your positive responses :)
I like your suggestions for the terrain, because I was also thinking about making the terrain different, but I didn't know how to make it without loosing the play factor and creating less overview. So I will definitely give this terrain improvements a GO!

I was also considering about if I would add something like an easy mode for beginners (for me the controling of the ball is easy^^) which would work like moving the ball always a little bit more to the enmies' field.

Thank you, I will definitely improve this map again with that super suggestions (although I don't know how to do a custom map preview yet)

EDIT: By the way, I think you forgot to rate Lag_Reviews :)

Glad you liked my review and thank-you for taking the time and effort to read it.

I'm glad you liked the terrain suggestions, I can't wait to see what terrains you come up with and add into the game.

I also like the idea of your easy and hard mode it would make the game a bit more fun P: (Although I still think we should be able to choose if we play at night or day)

Also you say you don't know how to make a custom preview image atm? Well never fear I have found you a guide: Click the link --->Custom Minimap Preview Tutorial<--- click the link!

Thank-you for liking my review, it is much appreciated and I hope that tutorial I found you is proven helpful,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: I rated it above, hit the green thumbs up approve button and rated it in my review at the end where I said "I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 It doesn't get 5 as there are still a few CONS and you need to make it so we have more control over where we hit the ball"

Level 2
Hell yeah, you are right :)

I am working at the Terrain at the Moment, but It takes a long time to change all this terrain with the Gui editor :)

The tutorial is really easy, thank you for sending me the link, I will definitely use a custom preview in my next version and I was thinking about that day/night thing and was asking myself what the actual idea is behind^^ do you mean like you get less vision? maybe u can only see the ball at the enemies' side or what?

Herbie

Ps: If you want to you can get credits in my next version for that terraining ideas ;)

Level 7
Hell yeah, you are right :)

I am working at the Terrain at the Moment, but It takes a long time to change all this terrain with the Gui editor :)

The tutorial is really easy, thank you for sending me the link, I will definitely use a custom preview in my next version and I was thinking about that day/night thing and was asking myself what the actual idea is behind^^ do you mean like you get less vision? maybe u can only see the ball at the enemies' side or what?

Herbie

Ps: If you want to you can get credits in my next version for that terraining ideas ;)

Glad your working on the Terrain as we speak, I can;t wait to see it finished even if it takes you all year.

P: Good to see you like the tutorial and have been able to follow it and put a preview image on your map.

Hmm well with the Day/Night Suggestion I made it is sort of up to you how you implement it as I am not too sure.

I was sort of thinking something like this:

DAY MODE:

Would be really bright easy to move around and see the ball, might even have rays of sun on the field.

NIGHT MODE:

Would be really dark on the field and hard to move around and see the ball. The tennis court could even be pitch black/limit sight except for a few rays of moonlight on the court which you could use to see the ball.

Also you said you were thinking of making a Easy/Hard mode option for us to choose, maybe you could call the easy mode day and the hard mode night and to symbolize which mode it is for day it would have the sun and night would have the moon up the top.

As I said I'm not entirely sure how this would work just an idea.

Also if you want to put me in the credits for the terrain suggestion that would be very good indeed and I would much appreciate it.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the map in the near future,
Lag_Reviews!

Level 7
Ok if it works there should be my first Idea for the map preview as attachment. What do you think?

Damnit, you have to download it...

I didn't do much yet, because I want to handle the terrain better at the moment :)

Looking good P:, I can understand you haven't done much to the map but the preview image is good.

Only suggestion is maybe you might want to keep the preview image different from the loading screen image (Personally it doesn't worry me if they're the same). Also in some places the text is a bit hard to read, other than that it is looken great!

Nice preview image,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: If you don't want to make that people have to download the image to view it, then you can just upload to TINYPIC.COM then copy the forum image code into here and you will have yourself an image that does not need to be downloaded P:

Level 2
Btw. the video Frozen Throne would look nice to be the net at the Ice Arena if there wouldn't be that cave thing with it. Can someone tell me if and how to remove that cave from the Throne or do it and send it to me? :)

EDIT: 11/04/10) Ok i removed that cave now I just got another problem: I haven't got enough textures to do the different arenas, can one somehow remove textures from the texture safe while ingame?

Last edited: