• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dun Morogh

Reactions: bounty hunter2
In these snowy mountains, danger is everywhere. If you need help, bad to you, as the Ironforge gates are closed. But an near old dwarf outpost can help if you need someone with heroic feeling.

- Map is open source.

Changelog:
Version 1.1:

-Changed some items in the central Creep Camps.
-Fixed some creeps acquisition range.
-Replaced Blizzard cliffs by heightened terrain.

Keywords:
Ironforge, Dwarf, Dwarves, Dun Morogh, Khaz Modan, Snow, World of Warcraft, WoW.
Contents

Dun Morogh (Map)

Reviews
10:51, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: A nicely pulled out melee, that is certanlly fun to play. It still lacks some terrain work, aswell as creep/drop work. I suggest you look into it as soon as possible. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You...

M

10:51, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A nicely pulled out melee, that is certanlly fun to play. It still lacks some terrain work, aswell as creep/drop work. I suggest you look into it as soon as possible. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Dun Morogh

I have tested this map Full House against the computers today. I played FFA.

Dun Morogh is a six player warcraft melee map. Your goal is to take one of the four races and defeat your opponents alone or with allyes.

Probably the biggest problem in this melee is balance. The map was done symmetrically, however the players weren't. Since you have two players top and bottom close to each other and one on each side that are a bit distant, giving them a slight advantage. The terrain lacks dodoads, it has none besides trees. The ground was done good, however you need more tile variation. You used a bit to much of Blizzard cliffs that generally look ugly. The drops were done fine, however the units group at gold mines are very strong and drop only one item. And it's a random level 6 item, and in that table you can find staff of silence. I don't like that item in melees. You didn't set the creeps to camp sight (200), but you left them on normal (500). Fix that please.

To conclude, this melee was done quite fine, it was fun to play it, with a lot of NPCs, however you still have some things to fix as mentioned above, however still: 3/5 (Useful) and Approved! Good job!

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
@Mr. Wafflez: You're welcome to test, play, and, of course, having fun playing this map.

Update:
Version 1.1:

-Changed some items in the central Creep Camps.
-Fixed some creeps acquisition range.
-Replaced Blizzard cliffs by heightened terrain.

Level 35
HFR, nice map, man! Just a few criticisms, though. I love the idea, but the way it's presented in some areas is kind of lacking.

Okay, there are only really 2 things I find wrong with it, apart from that I love it ;). First of all, the way you did the cliffs... In moderation, the terrain deformations can be good, but when used that much, let's just say it's not flash. Using the actual cliff pallet is great for that, and units can't just walk over them (when you have a HUGE terrain deformation like the ones you have and units walk over them, it looks very awkward and dodgy).

The other criticism is creep placement. This isn't really much of an issue (as I think it's only one area that the problem occurs), but when I gave the map a quick look I started where it says the Red player is. From there, I noticed on my right another Gold Mine with a decent creep camp. However, not far from it at all was another creep camp. If you wanted to attack the Gold Mine creeps, you'd most likely have to go through the excess ones, too (especially seeing as how they're Iron Golems, which don't tend to sleep). This could present some level of difficulty when trying to expand.

Apart from that, the only other problems are mainly to do with what I've already said (for example, from the orange player's perspective, there's a back entrance to a creep camp. Putting some cliffs around it would help prlly :p). I like it a lot (nice terrain, structure, etc.)! Nice job!

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The Iron Golems with other very near creeps have an purpose: When you kill all the creeps in the mountain you is awarded with 2 gold mines and some good items.

About the problem with units walking over mountains can be easily solved by adding pathing blockers, as I did in the corners. In the first version, I used lots of blizzard cliffs, and everyone says that they're ugly, so I replaced them with these mountains.

About the orange player creep problem, I'll fix it later (It's more than midnight here). And thanks for downloading my map!

Level 10
Its even not his idea. Its a bad remake of the map Siverpine Forest (by Blizzard)

You destroyed the blizzardish terrain - and everybody,who thinks that Blizzards Cliffs sucks - Is just another meelemap-noob.

I will give 1/5 for destroying a nice blizzard map

HFR

HFR

Level 22
What are you talking about? I made this map similar to Silverpine Forest because I like it very much (And because i like symetrical maps). I think bounty_hunter would know if he was approving my map.
It's not an bad remake. It's just an new (not so new) map made by me inspired in some points by silverpine forest.