• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy the Voodoo Doll

This model means a great deal to me. It's the first one with a custom texture (which I made) and I have some sort of personal attachment to it. The texture might just suck but I'll try to improve it if that's the case.

The Spell Channel and Portrait Talk animations look really wierd in a model viewer but in game they automatically play in a random order since they have the same rarity. I did so to give a more realistic feeling (especially to the portrait).

It has a dissipate animation so it can be used both as a hero and as any other unit.

Give credits if you use this and Don't edit it without my permission.

UPDATE: I found a way to solve the issue with the drag select shit. Unfortunately that means a slightly higher filesize since I had to make a seperate portrait file. While I was at it I also shoved a pin through his head.

Keywords:
Voodoo, Doll, Dummy, Needle, Sharp, Pointy, Cloth, Fabric, Stitches, Patches, Pain, phail
Contents

Dummy the Voodoo Doll (Model)

Dummy the Voodoo Doll (Model)

Reviews
20:54, 18th Oct 2010 anarchianbedlam: Looks great and works ingame, cool, original idea too. approved.

M

20:54, 18th Oct 2010
anarchianbedlam: Looks great and works ingame, cool, original idea too.

approved.

Level 28
There is a problem in game. It seems to have a very large base since a little drag could select the unit as well even if you are selecting the unit just besides it.

Noted, confirmed and attempted fix. I supposed it would be due to extents which are pretty big because of the portrait stuff so I lowered them to surround only the doll and it worked... a little. It will still be selected in an aproximately 300 radius. Does anybody know what else could cause this?

Level 28
You should replace the green texture with some white cloth texture or hay it is best to be dirty white or pale yellow.

Not gonna happen, sorry. Recoloring the cloth goes against everything that gave birth to this idea from the start. If someone wants to do it I may give my permission but I won't do it myself. I'm too personally connected to this guy and making such a big change of the base concept... well he simply wouldn't be Dummy.

I'm still working on the selection problem.

Level 3
you should add some more textures
like a texture where this guy will look like it is made of sack