• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dummy spell. need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I spell that casts carrion swarm + creates unit that uses kaboom on location that i cast spell.

Is there anyway to order dummy unit to move as far as carrionswarm goes or make carrion swarm reach only the point that I cast and not any further?

Level 8
you can use a trigger that will get started wen a UNIT gets a buff(like slow) and then create a SPECIAL EFFECT at the units feet (the unit who gets the buff) and then just make a trigger that takes dmgd.

wuld work=))

Level 6
you can use a trigger that will get started wen a UNIT gets a buff(like slow) and then create a SPECIAL EFFECT at the units feet (the unit who gets the buff) and then just make a trigger that takes dmgd.

wuld work=))

umm I dont think that would work like I want it to work, cause I need it to take damage like carrion swarm (takes damage when it hits, straight line). Not every unit with buff...and I would like it to go like straight line

Level 6
pfft finally figured out...its quite simple now that i realize it. Only needed to order unit to move target point that abilitiy being cast offset by 700 towards facing of triggering unit

It seems to work fine after couple of tests, so problem solved for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.