• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummies spawning at wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, a lot of abilities in my map spawns a dummy unit that casts the spell's real effect, and that's nothing new to the Warcraft maps, and I know it, I used it and it worked so far. BUT! Today my EVERY dummy spawns in the center of map. I checked triggers, I tried re-doing the triggers, nothing worked, every new ability that uses dummies doesn't work cause my dummies spawn at center of the map no matter what. All old skills work fine, only the new ones have that issue. Any ideas what causes that?

To avoid questions/responses about bad triggering, triggers are fine and checked 10 times before testing, old ones works, but copied and a little bit changed doesn't.
Thanks in advance, and sorry if something isn't understandable english isn't my native language.

Level 5
c0K3hED.png

sry for polish editor, but I hope you understand everything.

Level 25
(Position of (Triggering unit)) might be the problem.

Does your trigger have a (Triggering unit)? What is the triggering unit?

You can easily post your whole trigger by right clicking the trigger name (at the top of the trigger in the bottom right of the trigger editor), selecting "copy as text" and pasting it here inside trigger brackets.

Level 5
Top one is the problem, Bottom one is example of working one. But fireball isn't the only trigger I made today that doesn't work.

EDIT: I just noticed some mistakes in the first one.... but it only applies to effect, not the dummy itself
  • Fireball
    • Wydarzenia
      • Jednostka - A unit Rozpoczyna dziaĹ‚anie zdolnoĹ›ci
    • Warunki
      • (Ability being cast) RĂłwna siÄ™ (Ma)Fireball
    • Akcje
      • Wait 0.75 seconds
      • Jednostka - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing DomyĹ›lna orientacja budynku degrees
      • Jednostka - Add Fireballtrue to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Set level of Fireballtrue for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ma)Fireball for (Triggering unit))
      • Jednostka - Order (Last created unit) to Neutralny Mechanik - WiÄ…zka Rakiet (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Jednostka - Add a 0.50 second OgĂłlny expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set FBTempPoint = (Position of (Summoned unit))
      • Efekt specjalny - Create a special effect at FOTempPoint using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HCancelDeath\HCancelDeath.mdl
      • Efekt specjalny - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set FBTempGroup = (Units within 200.00 of FBTempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) RĂłwna siÄ™ TAK) and ((((Matching unit) is Prastary) RĂłwna siÄ™ NIE) and (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) RĂłwna siÄ™ TAK))))
      • Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in FBTempGroup and do (Actions)
        • PÄ™tla - Akcje
          • Jednostka - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((5.00 x (Real((Level of (Ma)Fireball for (Triggering unit))))) x (Real(Inteligance[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))) + Spellpower[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) damage of attack type ZaklÄ™cia and damage type Zimno
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_FOTempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_FOTempGroup)
  • Freezing Orb
    • Wydarzenia
      • Jednostka - A unit Rozpoczyna dziaĹ‚anie zdolnoĹ›ci
    • Warunki
      • (Ability being cast) RĂłwna siÄ™ (Ma)Freezing Orb
    • Akcje
      • Wait 0.75 seconds
      • Jednostka - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing DomyĹ›lna orientacja budynku degrees
      • Jednostka - Add a 1.50 second OgĂłlny expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set FOTempPoint = (Position of (Last created unit))
      • Jednostka - Add Freezing Orb - Stun to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Set level of Freezing Orb - Stun for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ma)Freezing Orb for (Triggering unit))
      • Jednostka - Order (Last created unit) to Specjalne Czarownik - Inferno (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Jednostka - Add Freezing Nova to (Last created unit)
      • Jednostka - Set level of Freezing Nova for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ma)Freezing Orb for (Triggering unit))
      • Jednostka - Order (Last created unit) to Neutralny - WĹ‚adca OtchĹ‚ani - Zew Grozy
      • Efekt specjalny - Create a special effect at FOTempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Efekt specjalny - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set FOTempGroup = (Units within 200.00 of FOTempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) RĂłwna siÄ™ TAK) and ((((Matching unit) is Prastary) RĂłwna siÄ™ NIE) and (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) RĂłwna siÄ™ TAK))))
      • Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in FOTempGroup and do (Actions)
        • PÄ™tla - Akcje
          • Jednostka - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((4.00 x (Real((Level of (Ma)Freezing Orb for (Triggering unit))))) x (Real(Inteligance[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))) + Spellpower[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) damage of attack type ZaklÄ™cia and damage type Zimno
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_FOTempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_FOTempGroup)

Status
Not open for further replies.