• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummies and Autocasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So after hunting around on the internet for a while, I can't seem to find the answer to this question. If its redundant (it probably is), please just direct me to the forum where it is answered:

I'm having trouble getting a particular dummy cast spell to work correctly. Basically, I want a certain unit to have an auto-cast chain lightning spell, but there seems to be a problem making dummies appear in response to auto-casting. the trigger works perfectly if i click on the ability and cast it, but doesn't summon the dummy if i just let the spell fire by itself. I used cold arrows as my base because I want the spell to be linked to my unit's attack (if that makes any difference). Thanks a ton in advance!

Level 17
So after hunting around on the internet for a while, I can't seem to find the answer to this question. If its redundant (it probably is), please just direct me to the forum where it is answered:

I'm having trouble getting a particular dummy cast spell to work correctly. Basically, I want a certain unit to have an auto-cast chain lightning spell, but there seems to be a problem making dummies appear in response to auto-casting. the trigger works perfectly if i click on the ability and cast it, but doesn't summon the dummy if i just let the spell fire by itself. I used cold arrows as my base because I want the spell to be linked to my unit's attack (if that makes any difference). Thanks a ton in advance!

use orb of lightning item ability just change the hit% and ability

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 125
Level 2
hmm, well that worked for the most part (Thanks!) but now I can't get the ability to cost mana....

[edit]
I got the mana cost to work, but is there any way to make it so its A) turn-off able, and B) not just a grayed out icon?

Level 17
hmm, well that worked for the most part (Thanks!) but now I can't get the ability to cost mana....

[edit]
I got the mana cost to work, but is there any way to make it so its A) turn-off able, and B) not just a grayed out icon?

u can use immolation or manashield/defend then when u activate it then add orb of lightning when u deactivate the ability rthen remove the orb of lightning

Level 2
Clever....I suppose that would work, thank you for your help!

I am still curious, is there no way to have a dummy caster with an autocast spell?

Level 20
I've never tested, but autocast-abilities have a autocast ativate/deactivate orderstring (on the bot of the Object Editor field on these abilities). I guess these are the orders given to the system when we right-click these abilities.

You could see which order id the ability has on "Turn on auto-cast" (or something like that)" and give that order to the dummy, and check if it works as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.