• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druzhina

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
"За князя новгородскава!"
"For the Grand Prince of Novgorod!"
With that cry the armies converged on the walls and the ladders rose.

Changes
-Updated shield
Contents

Druzhina (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add a team-colour plane on the portrait animation. Also, only if you have time, please add a portrait talk animation.
Level 13
(I know what it is now it isn't a smily face XD)
Also when you update dis, their shields were an upside down tear you got that right, but can you remove those lines? And in the top center place a buckler there. And make the helm make it a tiny bit shorter. Otherwise I love it and I think you did a great job :)

tear shaped shield - Google Search:
Like this minus the filthy dragon thing

Last edited:
Level 5
I told him he could take his villager cavalier model and swap the villager with druzhina but instead of sword spear, he would already have animations done.
i would still love an expanded set since its not something you don't see often on hive supporting medieval east European design. Since i'd love to see a knight-class unit with the iconic masked helmet or a slavic cataphract like so
7102.jpg

Level 6
i would still love an expanded set since its not something you don't see often on hive supporting medieval east European design. Since i'd love to see a knight-class unit with the iconic masked helmet or a slavic cataphract like so
7102.jpg
This on the pictures maybe is byzant knight. This armor (on the solder and on the horse) with little metal parts is typical for arabs but byzant take this army invention from his.

Level 11
From what I recall this is a boyar
boyar - Google Search:
They were nobles but never went to battle, they were like advisors and as soon as the grand prince dies or becomes really sick, they jump for the opportunity.

Yes, Boyars like western Feudal Lords could be advisors to the King or in our case the Grand Prince. Still Boyars are not exempted from fighting in battles, they did fight in the battle of Kulikovo and took heavy losses.
The painting you show represents Boyar Pyotr Potemkin from the late 17th century, but that doesn't have anything to do with "never went to battle".

Boyars are also not specific only to Russia, there were Boyars up until the Balkans in Serbia and also in Bulgaria and Wallachia now known as Romania.​

Level 65
7102.jpg
I think I'm going to use that picture for reference for the mounted Druzhina :)

Level 13
Remmebr the spear and tear shaped shields :p
Thanks HerrDave
Also here is another reference druzhina cavalry - Google Search: (their horses didn't have to much armor cause speed is nice)
So you will end up with a mesh of the druzhina model you made, the reference pic the other dude sent and the one I sent. For the one I sent can you give him the same helm and horse armor? And for the model you made can you use its shield and a spear and the rest you can edit.

Last edited:
Level 11
Remmebr the spear and tear shaped shields :p
Thanks HerrDave
Also here is another reference druzhina cavalry - Google Search: (their horses didn't have to much armor cause speed is nice)
So you will end up with a mesh of the druzhina model you made, the reference pic the other dude sent and the one I sent. For the one I sent can you give him the same helm and horse armor? And for the model you made can you use its shield and a spear and the rest you can edit.

Btw Herr Dave, The Druzhina was a group of men, the individual member of druzhina was known as Druzhinnik.

Last edited: