• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druid bow Tooltip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Zwibel I noticed in the beta version that I totally failed on the tooltip for the druid bow and there is a noticeable |n in the tooltips. Sorry about that :[

Level 6
Dazing Trap:
Image of the skill is new (purple needle), but the one on the 1k vendor at the Crossroads is still the old one.

1.1j issue.

Level 6
Silk gloves also missing the space after Cr:+1% rather than Cr: +1%.

Space before Cr on Fisherman's friend too.

Level 10
You're making me look bad Landerz shhh :[

personally I don't see much of a difference between "Cr:+1%
and "Cr: +1%." on items and not worth Zwiebels effort or time to fix if there are a few like that.

Level 6
Well, it makes it look properly professional if it's all done in one manner.

I will continue to note the oddites I find.

Level 4
You may try to fix them later when u have free time. Every game needs orginality, perfectality and ambiencality. They should be fixed on the road of completality.

Level 6
Those are a lot of odd -alities.

Heavy Waraxe, when equipped by Squire, makes a funny sound (an axe-throwing sound) which differs from equipping other items, including axes.

Level 6
Strong Greataxe. Missed a pipe (|) before an n, or a slash or something. AP/ArP on the same line.

Level 6
The Mend icon, from the Seer vendor, is different from the one found in the caster's cast-menu.

Please keep the one in the caster menu :-D

Level 13
lol landerz, just tackle everything

Tbh the whole white text thing makes items look kind of unprofessional imo
Any reason it was changed from the friendly green?

Level 10
I believe because adding color adds a lot more lines of text which uses more space. every little kb adds up and the extra space could be used to make more important things in the game.

Level 6
I believe because adding color adds a lot more lines of text which uses more space. every little kb adds up and the extra space could be used to make more important things in the game.

It adds several characters to the beginning and end of each item's description (assuming not multiple colour changes within the description).

A few bytes with each item does add up pretty quick.

I still think that the abbreviations are horribly newbie-unfriendly. Perhaps have an NPC near the beginning, or some kind of scroll at the start, that explains the basics (At least AP and the stats, etc.).

Level 13
^ That would be nice

Couldn't you spilt gaias into two maps, like, have a second map eventually for a different area where you load in your geared 50s etc or is that a stupid idea.

Level 10
There have been maps like that who have split it in two for example Curse of Time 1 & 2 and Gauntlet 1 & 2. I suppose that could be good, but you have to think of backwords compatibility. What if there was something you needed in 1 that you didn't have yet or if you wanted to run people through the first map on your higher level char? The reason I bring that up is what if you have gear and items from 2 that aren't in 1. This causes issues with loading and what not. Basically in order for it to work you need to add the items in the #1 version of the map as well as #2 which sort of defeats the entire purpose in a sense.

Level 6
Not sure if this is intended, but when my Sorc visits the skill-unlearner, he is not allowed to forget Meteor Strike.

I have not tested this with the dungeon-scrolls of other classes.

Level 13
We have our saves set in 1 for that very reason soul, so we could backtrack and help others. It just makes two separate saves to use, a completed gaias 1 save and a progressing gaias 2 save.

The current tooltip layout was replaced because of the maximum size of tooltips that is allowed by wc3. I simply reached the tooltip length limit for some items I have created in the past that's why we had to remove the color codings.
The abbreviations are there to create a constant "vocabulary" for the map. I had to use abbreviations in recipe tooltips because of length limitations so I felt there should be some kind of uniformity.

1.1j will have all abbreviations explained in the quest log.

Level 6
Tidewalker's Hide: the item "type" is missing a space before Leather.
Type:Leather, rather than Type: Leather.

Level 6
Piercing Arrows: Still gives +6 Agi without it being in the tooltip (needs to be fixed), and the Crit has a space before it.
" Cr: +xxx" rather than "Cr: +xxx"

Level 6
In the Hunter's Multishot tooltip, Attack Power is described as "Attackpower", whereas it is consistently "Attack Power" (2 words) everywhere else.

Level 4
theres some issue with necromancer's misc item use. its supposed to give ias but when u look at the buff placer icon on target it says it gives both ias and ms

Level 6
Embrittling Acid, states "0.33 x level", whereas other references to Level have a capital L.

And Bladefury is the only skill that capitalizes "Stealth mode", where every other skill just calls it "stealth mode".

Level 6
The hotkey for Retreat (Necro, summons) is C-pipe (Obviously a typo to do with the colour labels). C triggers it.

Level 13
Can we just get landerz to type up all block text from now on so shit like this doesn't happen

Level 6
Light-Imbued Glyph: Divine damage missing a space after the colon, and still doesn't state that you get +50 HP.

The bonus HP from the other runes also not updated.

Level 6
Let's see:

Crucify has "Spell Power" whereas it's usually "Spellpower". It also doesn't capitalize Strength or Intelligence.

Lastly, it deals, as many spells do, "Holy" damage, when there is only "Divine" resistance on -resists. Is it going to be called Divine, or Holy?

Level 6
Proc effects like splash. Sometimes say "50% / 70" like Strong Greataxe, or sometimes "Fire dmg: 35% , 5" like Searing gloves.

Pick one?

Proc effects like splash. Sometimes say "50% / 70" like Strong Greataxe, or sometimes "Fire dmg: 35% , 5" like Searing gloves.

Pick one?
Thats because the first is not a proc and should not be mistaken for a proc. The first is AoE splash damage, meaning it deals 50% damage on an enemy within 70 range. The latter deals 5 damage on a 35% chance.

If both would be displayed the same, people could mistake 50% / 70 as dealing 70 damage half of the time. Which is not what it does.

Level 4
Weak Glyph has a |n
it is => HP: +25|nAP: +7
As far as i ve seen there are some 'space' mistakes. But no other mistypings like that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.