• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Druid - aquatic form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey there,

I was surprised to see that on the hive there is not even one aquatic druid. No (NE) druid that transforms into any sea creature. Obviously I am asking bc I could use one for my map, but also bc this sounds like a cool thing that maybe some modeler would want to take on...

If you want to go with WoW, it seems that Druids turn into sea lions. Otherwise if you just feel inspired - go crazy... anything would help me - a dolphin, a turtle, an orca, a sea serpent... whatever floats your boat...

anyone interested?

Edit:

I realized this is kind of dumb, as it's easy enough to trigger morph abilities. The reasons I still didn't delete the thread however are:
A. If it's in the animation level of the model - that means it can transfer directly from a land unit to a sea unit (by setting it to amphibious) when it walks into water, as opposed to needing it to morph into an amphibious creature or to have to add some trickery into the morph ability to make it move to water/land automatically while morphing.

B. I can't figure out how to delete the thread... :peasant-grin:

Last edited:
Perhaps what you are looking for can be done by detecting when [your amphibious unit] enters water pathing, then changing its model using the new skin natives, as well as play whatever animation the first model has for the effect.

Apparently there is no post deletion; you can just set your request to [solved]

Level 12
Hey there,

I was surprised to see that on the hive there is not even one aquatic druid. No (NE) druid that transforms into any sea creature. Obviously I am asking bc I could use one for my map, but also bc this sounds like a cool thing that maybe some modeler would want to take on...

If you want to go with WoW, it seems that Druids turn into sea lions. Otherwise if you just feel inspired - go crazy... anything would help me - a dolphin, a turtle, an orca, a sea serpent... whatever floats your boat...

anyone interested?

Edit:

I realized this is kind of dumb, as it's easy enough to trigger morph abilities. The reasons I still didn't delete the thread however are:
A. If it's in the animation level of the model - that means it can transfer directly from a land unit to a sea unit (by setting it to amphibious) when it walks into water, as opposed to needing it to morph into an amphibious creature or to have to add some trickery into the morph ability to make it move to water/land automatically while morphing.

B. I can't figure out how to delete the thread... :peasant-grin:
Haha feel ya had the same problem
You can use a flying transorformation :p

Level 12
where can I find a good explanation about how those work?
you can find it under GUI Triggers ( Unit ) there is Unit - Set Unit Skin that Changes only the Model for the Unit... like a skinchanger but... it removes shadow... i think... try it out...
Set Unit Skin changes only the Visual Aspect
while things like Morph/Chaosability Change the Whole Unit... that is only good if you want to give the Unit some other Abilitys...

Level 21
I meant more of a general explanation on the skin natives. what exactly those fields in the OE do, how much you can alter with that with triggers etc'. but thanks anyways, and yeah, I guess I can play around with it until I figure it out if I really want to. do you know what patch they are from? (maybe they would have some explanation with the patch introduction...)

Edit:

in any case, this is getting a little out of hand and unrelated to this forum. I will start a thread about this in WEHZ if I need to. thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.