• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druid of the talon alternate form removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I sort of need the Druid of the talon without it's alternate form as a bird. I don't care about how it looks when transforming or anything, just that i want it to be looking like the druid of talon normal form when i use etheral with it. Now it changes to the bird. I give credit and rep if anyone could do this for me, or if you can point me to the direction of a tutorial on how to do it, cause i spent some time searching but i didn't find anything useful.

Level 19
change all units for etheral/corporal form to the flying crow and then make a trigger like this:
a unit finishs casting an ability
ability being cast equal to ....
animation - add alternate animation tag to triggering unit

edit:
just messed around with it a little more and it seems to be unreliable
it might work perfect somehow though

edit2:
I really don't know how this spells work
the trigger in the attached map is very bad but it solves the issue
you should mess around with it until it works as intended

edit3:
just noticed that you wanted it to be the other way round o_O
well that should work as well just the other way round xD
there is an option to remove animated tags as well

Attachments

• test.w3x
    13.5 KB · Views: 45
Level 7
Here I have edited the model file. I removed the morph ability removing the "Alternate" tag animations. With my solution you dont need nasty boring GUI Triggers too! Just replace the unit with this model file. If you want your unit to use the Talon Morphing ability with the animations just use the default DruidoftheTalon.mdx provided by warcraft 3.

This model however cannot transform as I have removed the Bird Vertices model and animations with the "Alternate Tag" as well as the bird's texture pathing. Hope this helps you out! :)

Attachments

• DruidoftheTalon_Flightless.mdx
    441.5 KB · Views: 54
Level 6
Here I have edited the model file. I removed the morph ability removing the "Alternate" tag animations. With my solution you dont need nasty boring GUI Triggers too! Just replace the unit with this model file. If you want your unit to use the Talon Morphing ability with the animations just use the default DruidoftheTalon.mdx provided by warcraft 3.

This model however cannot transform as I have removed the Bird Vertices model and animations with the "Alternate Tag" as well as the bird's texture pathing. Hope this helps you out! :)

Ahh, i forgot to ask about how big the file would be, and i got the answer here. And i gotta say i can't afford to have 400kb models at this point xD
So i am sorry if i made you use lots of time on this. But i give you rep because of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.