• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dread Wars, in need of opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I've been working on (more like slaving on) my latest project called Dread Wars. In this game, each player takes up a Dreadlord hero, and with the power of good ol' evil magic, turns the villagers of a peaceful town into an army of powerful and specialized undead units to wage war with one-another.

There's a lot more to it then that (a LOT more to it than that...) and before I move onto the next stage of the game's production, I want to get some personal opinions about anything in the game.

Suggestions, bug reports, kudos and failures, just lay it on me.

Oh and theres more about the game at the link if you want to read more about it before downloading.

Dread Wars - Test Version 0.80 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Thanks for any help!

Screenshots up! More to come.

Attachments

• Background.jpg
    Background.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Cathedral.jpg
    Cathedral.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Crypt.jpg
    Crypt.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 131
  • FishingVillage.jpg
    FishingVillage.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 102
  • BlackCitadel.jpg
    BlackCitadel.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 103
  • PlagueFarm.jpg
    PlagueFarm.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 3
You might want to try adding in little events that happen periodically.

Something like, soldiers return from a sea voyage and search the country side for the monsters responsible for their families. Spawns some random troops that can either attack or defend towns.

Might want to add in special event items that if you do something or kill something an item is spawned at a certain random location that is accesable and the dreadlord can pick it up.

Maybe spawn some capturable buildings that can give special upgrades for certain unit techs.

Just throwing some things out there for you. Other than that, I haven't found any bugs that would cause large problems.

Kudo's though, because this game rocks!!

Level 4
i have work this weekend, so i wont be on bnet to test the new version of it with you shad, what have you changed since i last played with you?

Level 4
After testing it abit more, both me and my mate think air is way to cheap. It is impossible to defend. Even with a aa tower and aa units gaurding your base, they can still get attacks off and all they have to do is just continually stream gargs to your base to win.

Level 4
i see you have a picture of a custom necropolis model, is that a new upgrade of some sort, something to do with tier 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.