• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Throne, The Ultimate RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
by the way, you wont make it too open, right? But if you add a lot of secondary quests you should make it more open, and don't make it too linear, only doing the main quest with no returning... And you should make perks, like the skill tree... but you earn them differently, like you get poisoned and survive -" By surviving the most deadly poison, your immune system is now more stronger, giving you +1 armor permanently" - only an example, and lots of 'em you should make, not everything should give you perks, most quests should only give gold or maybe a item... or nothing.
-Will you make attachments?
, yeah and maybe even traits

Level 17
oh come on ...
don't make the map to complicated ...
there are some retards who wants a simple map like dota ...

geniuses : retards = 10 : 90
that's why dota got a hell of players :D
, oh please he doesn't want to make this a Dota clone :p, I think GhostThruster want to make an unique map that is not overcomplicated but just right, and traits certaintly don't overcomplicate things (because they have positive and negative effects, if you don't choose any it doesn't make that of a difference but it can help a bit and creates more play tactics for each hero).

Level 9
[K40$]-Spectre;1645746 said:
, oh please he doesn't want to make this a Dota clone :p, I think GhostThruster want to make an unique map that is not overcomplicated but just right, and traits certaintly don't overcomplicate things (because they have positive and negative effects, if you don't choose any it doesn't make that of a difference but it can help a bit and creates more play tactics for each hero).

okay honestly, i love a complicated game with so much features in it, but, i want this map to be played by everyone ...
it's ok to add some things and that, but don't be overcomplicated, some people maybe doesn't understand and said "this is too complicated for me, i have 50 IQ, let's play tetris !!"

i'm looking forward for this map :D

Level 17
okay honestly, i love a complicated game with so much features in it, but, i want this map to be played by everyone ...
it's ok to add some things and that, but don't be overcomplicated, some people maybe doesn't understand and said "this is too complicated for me, i have 50 IQ, let's play tetris !!"

i'm looking forward for this map :D
, well you got a good point, so I agree with you but I think traits aren't don't make it more complicated if you add it as something that doesn't need to be chosen (you don't need a particulair trait to be good at the game, it's more for veterans of the map who want to play it again but a little different). Maybe make the traits more like challenges, e.g. that it adds a small bonus but a larger disadvantage (an example would be Midget ^^: gives 10% chance to dodge an attack but deal 25% less damage).

To be honest, I agree with DeftheLynn. I hate maps with complex and unnecessary systems, like aggro, and complicated scripting/NPC interacting/AI. No traits. You are just one person, like in The Witcher, not customizable unique dudes, like in WoW and Oblivion. And all dwarves are midgets!!! ;]
@Bugbuster96:
Of course there will be attachments! I can edit models to a basic level, and fit them onto the model of my hero.

I'm aiming for a simple, fun map. Perhaps in the future, I will expand it and add new features.

Level 17
And all dwarves are midgets!!! ;]
dhb_midget_dwarf_santashortdwarf.jpg

I'm aiming for a simple, fun map. Perhaps in the future, I will expand it and add new features
, that's is better yes

@DeftheLynn
Why dota? Dota isn't a rpg, it's just a multiplayer versus game, where you kill and get killed, buy items and upgrade yourself... SINGLEPLAYER RPGs are a lot more entertaining, with a story - where you have to think on alternative ways to play.
I played Dota few times and i honestly don't like it... and it's weird how a simple map got that famous... Maybe because in that time, when it was developed, people had no idea about triggering, editing and all that...
Anyways, what i want to say is that, if maps are singleplayer they can be more complicated, and multiplayer are better simple and casual.

Level 17
@DeftheLynn
Why dota? Dota isn't a rpg, it's just a multiplayer versus game, where you kill and get killed, buy items and upgrade yourself... SINGLEPLAYER RPGs are a lot more entertaining, with a story - where you have to think on alternative ways to play.
I played Dota few times and i honestly don't like it... and it's weird how a simple map got that famous... Maybe because in that time, when it was developed, people had no idea about triggering, editing and all that...
Anyways, what i want to say is that, if maps are singleplayer they can be more complicated, and multiplayer are better simple and casual.
, true that

@GhostThrusterGhostThruster: I think it's good that you don't want the map to be complicated but you should watch out that it doesn't become shallow. Like Bugbuster96 said, multiplayer is better of being simple cause the real fun is because you play with friends/others, but in singeplayer you miss that and that gap needs to be replaced by something else that will keep the player interested.

Well it would be an honor to terrain for you, but you have to explain your thoughts, because I am doing it the hard way. I am making them with no pathing, so that I have the ability to move it as I wish, every millimeter, I "unbound" it from the grid, like when you plant the Mushrooms or Shrub doodads, if you get me? And then i add pathing blockers to make it playable.
Mostly the filesize is then slightly increased. Also there is a 8 000 limit of Pathing Blockers so I am using JNGP (jassnewgenpack) because it has the No Limits ability, then it removes the limit and I can put as much as i want. Still this method is good for detail.
I can, however, do it the normal way and add pathing to the doodads which makes then bound to a grid and you can't pass through them.
If you want me to terrain, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.