• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dragon Age Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm wondering if I create a dragon age origins strategy map (spawn or build not quite sure yet) if 1. anyone would be interested in playing it and 2. if anyone would be interesting in helping with the terrain, unit names and ideas in general. I doubt anyone would but models/skins would be appreciated but that most likely won't happen, at least until I get terrain done and give information on the map. But looking for terrainer!

Hey dude you just say to DEMIGOD that he can make something like that :razz:
Maybe you can work together!

Also I think that it is bad to ask people should you make something just like that:
You already must have idea about:
-Game Type: ORPG, Arena, LOAP I don't know
-Heroes
-Items
-Abilities
-How terrain can look

I don't know everything so people can see how it can look like and say:
OMG it will be awesome continue with your work
or
Dude just delete your account (just joking :xxd:)

Level 8
Oh lol I never meant them to create it I just meant if anyone is even interested at all in creating a map on Dragon Age. I'll set up a detailed story/gameplay section later but for now here is some basic info on the map:

Setting: Ferelden and Deep Trenches - During Dragon Age Origins timeframe - After the battle of Ostagar

Players:
1.Kingdom of Orzammar [Dwarves]
2.Arling of Denerim [King + Denerim City + most of the bannorn]
3.Templar Order [The Chantry and templars]
4.Circle of Magi [The Mages of Ferelden]
5.Arling of Redcliffe [Redcliffe area]
6.Teyrnir of Highever [Highever area + northern bannorn]
7.Teyrnir of Gwaren [Gwaren area around the elven forests]
8.Arling of Amaranthine [Amaranthine area]
9.The Grey Wardens [Allister and the Warden, they get more characters and wardens later also possibly vigils keep from awakenings.]
10.Dalish Tribes [The various tribes around ferelden, they are scattered but together powerful.]
11.Darkspawn Horde [The Mother and her darkspawn]
12.Archdemon's Horde [The Archdemon and his darkspawn]

Hope that gives a better idea of the map would be like. Also the players will receive income from taxes and trade from Orlais and Denerim. The humanoid players will build units from their cities but won't be able to build buildings and the game won't be spawn. Cities will be recapturable, that means they can killed an infinate amount of times and it can still be rebuilt, thus making the day funner and more diverse. Darkspawn will get spawns from broodmothers and a bulk of their troops from infected humanoids that turn into ghouls. There is also a small chance that on kill the killed unit will turn into a broodmother. Newly created darkspawn will start of weak but as they kill they increase in power eventually becoming very powerful.

So is that a yes in helping me with terrain :D ? I have a skeleton done so whenever you want I can give it to you.

Level 14
Levdragon, I like your idea. But, so much imported things, and it will be hard to make.. :wink:

Good luck mate.

Level 8
Lol it won't really need many imports since no one has made any dragon age models.. yet ;P

I'll just get skins to make the units look nicer, some dwarven units and viola. But I have to put music in otherwise its just not complete. Problem is went optimized it doesnt sound as nice but oh well :/

Level 8
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.