• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenei Vindicator

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Some random Draenei units have fun...

Refrences
b2075b8d134bfaec61f74eed9752b6bd.jpg
Previews
Contents

Draenei Vindicator (Model)

Draenei Vindicator (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Geosets may only be references by one and only one geoset animation otherwise model might cause issues. Please fix that.
Level 48
I cannot even BEGIN to express how much I love your use of textures and the wrap on this one. I was sure you recoloured the Succubus. Shandris?? Holy crap. Only thing I would criticize in that regard is the purple crystals, which look dull and almost like chunks of dirt or rock. I would recommend using the Ancient Ziggurat texture (Doodads\Northrend\Structures\AncientZiggurat\Ziggurat.blp), specifically the teamcoloured-gem, and using a purple TC texture as well as glow and possibly a duplicated, Additive version of it on top of it to improve the crystalline effect. I would also avoid the Star textures and go straight for billboarded Glows. You could also use Textures\Flare.blp instead of the glow which looks nicer and softer. The Star is just too jarring and cartoony.
Now on to some general feedback:
-I feel like the morphing shoulderpads add little value to the model and only serve to increase the filesize significantantly. I urge you to at least include two versions which completely lack the morphing (one with each type of shoulderpads).
-The model lacks TC, and I would recommend you add it on the white part of the shoulderpads as well as on the white part of the shield. I am against the glow that she has, it is very much unlike anything else in WC3, and on most colours, it looks off-putting and weird, it clashes with her too much.
-She looks very heroic to me, in terms of WC3 models. A version with normal hero glow (underneath her and on her weapon) and Dissipate would not go amiss.
-If you want, take a look at the Human Ships (specifically the Battleship) for alternative gold trim textures, they look very good in my opinion.
-She looks maybe a little too stocky and short for a "realistic" style Draenei. Works for WC3, I guess, but the rest of the model is extremely highly detailed. This is a minor concern.

I did a little mockup of some of the changes I'm proposing:
1623173303847.png
1623173316230.png
1623173343906.png

Level 34
I cannot even BEGIN to express how much I love your use of textures and the wrap on this one. I was sure you recoloured the Succubus. Shandris?? Holy crap. Only thing I would criticize in that regard is the purple crystals, which look dull and almost like chunks of dirt or rock. I would recommend using the Ancient Ziggurat texture (Doodads\Northrend\Structures\AncientZiggurat\Ziggurat.blp), specifically the teamcoloured-gem, and using a purple TC texture as well as glow and possibly a duplicated, Additive version of it on top of it to improve the crystalline effect. I would also avoid the Star textures and go straight for billboarded Glows. You could also use Textures\Flare.blp instead of the glow which looks nicer and softer. The Star is just too jarring and cartoony.
Now on to some general feedback:
-I feel like the morphing shoulderpads add little value to the model and only serve to increase the filesize significantantly. I urge you to at least include two versions which completely lack the morphing (one with each type of shoulderpads).
-The model lacks TC, and I would recommend you add it on the white part of the shoulderpads as well as on the white part of the shield. I am against the glow that she has, it is very much unlike anything else in WC3, and on most colours, it looks off-putting and weird, it clashes with her too much.
-She looks very heroic to me, in terms of WC3 models. A version with normal hero glow (underneath her and on her weapon) and Dissipate would not go amiss.
-If you want, take a look at the Human Ships (specifically the Battleship) for alternative gold trim textures, they look very good in my opinion.
-She looks maybe a little too stocky and short for a "realistic" style Draenei. Works for WC3, I guess, but the rest of the model is extremely highly detailed. This is a minor concern.

I did a little mockup of some of the changes I'm proposing:
The team colour u make is awesome...actually in early I was thinking just like what u just say seperately make two vesion of her... And i noe wht wil happen if i merge both of her.. file size will increase... And just try and see wht u guys think about.. I can make a change for this version... Maybe just throw away the alternate... Just add the alternate shoulder pad as her stand ready attack anim but it might not look great like she have a morph anim whn her morph her shoulder pad... And anyway thx for u advise

Level 17
Beautiful model, though imo tail can be shorter, and there could be a distinction between Walk Alternate and Walk.
How i'd imagine this would look cooler is if, after opening up her shoulders, activating the alternate mode she runs with shield up, but regularly she doesn't. i feel like the very nice yet rather small detail of the shoulders should be paired with 2 different running animations so it stands out on both fronts.

Oh and i like the faster running animation when the shield is up. good job.