• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenei Shield Maiden

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
This is my 1st entry for the HD Modeling Contest. I hope it will pass this when I participated for the first time.

Draenei Shield Maidens are flexible heroes that can augment their defenses to nearby units, can learn Holy Light, Inspire, Devotion Aura and Resurrect.

The one thing, from the Vile Tormentor model, I removed the wings, thus the skeletons and organs removed and adds a dissipate animation to improve it.
Contents

Draenei Shield Maiden (Model)

DSM Portrait (Model)

Level 8
As a female of the Draenei race, she is completely different from the word. Her horns grow directly from the forehead, although in Draenei women, the horns are the part of the forehead that continues it. The face of the draenei has slightly different proportions, the eyes are probably still larger. And the neck lacks tentacles. Her eyes are the wrong color, and her armor has no connection with draenei culture. It will take you a little longer to get the similarity to the draenei.

Attachments

• 946507.jpg
    946507.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97
  • novaya-model-drenei-wod-.jpg
    novaya-model-drenei-wod-.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 114
Level 6
As a female of the Draenei race, she is completely different from the word. Her horns grow directly from the forehead, although in Draenei women, the horns are the part of the forehead that continues it. The face of the draenei has slightly different proportions, the eyes are probably still larger. And the neck lacks tentacles. Her eyes are the wrong color, and her armor has no connection with draenei culture. It will take you a little longer to get the similarity to the draenei.
I'm not sure all of that is in his skillset. Most of these Reforged custom models are edits of existing ones, and I've only seen a few directly edit the base mesh itself.

Level 8
I'm not sure all of that is in his skillset. Most of these Reforged custom models are edits of existing ones, and I've only seen a few directly edit the base mesh itself.
I understand. In this case, you should not take on such a complex race if you cannot convey its culture and appearance. Take the male models, they are more like what we call draenei. I can’t rate this model as good because it doesn’t meet the requirements of the draenei appearance. It looks like a succubus with an ax and a shield. More precisely, this is a succubus.

Level 7
You are right in what you say, but there is still a work here. No matter how much I don't like a model or map, I don't give less than 3 star. ( Unless the content is stolen ) Because I don't want to discourage that person. Sometimes if I don't like it, I pass without any rating. Of course this is your choice. But it's good to be fair. I hope you don't misunderstand me. 🙂

Level 8
You are right in what you say, but there is still a work here. No matter how much I don't like a model or map, I don't give less than 3 star. ( Unless the content is stolen ) Because I don't want to discourage that person. Sometimes if I don't like it, I pass without any rating. Of course this is your choice. But it's good to be fair. I hope you don't misunderstand me. 🙂
If I like the model and it has potential. I will definitely give her 5 stars. If the model is good, but I don't know how I could apply it, I will probably give it 4 stars. If the model is not bad, but it lacks improvement, I give it 3 stars. Otherwise, if the model does not fit well with what it tries to be, or looks hacky, I would not want to see such works. I would like the author not to be so frivolous about the models, thinking that it will work. Maybe I was too harsh, and this model will be useful to someone, but I do not see the potential in it. There are a lot of things that need to be changed in her so that she is who she wants to be. But nevertheless, I will wait for work from this author in the hope that his next work will be of better quality. Still, you shouldn't take on work that you can't do.

Level 7
If I like the model and it has potential. I will definitely give her 5 stars. If the model is good, but I don't know how I could apply it, I will probably give it 4 stars. If the model is not bad, but it lacks improvement, I give it 3 stars. Otherwise, if the model does not fit well with what it tries to be, or looks hacky, I would not want to see such works. I would like the author not to be so frivolous about the models, thinking that it will work. Maybe I was too harsh, and this model will be useful to someone, but I do not see the potential in it. There are a lot of things that need to be changed in her so that she is who she wants to be. But nevertheless, I will wait for work from this author in the hope that his next work will be of better quality. Still, you shouldn't take on work that you can't do.
First of all I'm glad you gave a fairer rating this time. Don't worry, he is a good model maker and looking at his previous work, I'm sure he can do better. :infl_thumbs_up: