• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Katana Maiden

Basic infantry unit of the Kunoichi, can perform Critical Strike and Evasion.

Based on SC2HayasuiArts' model concept of the 1.28 version of the Yagyu.

Update on 08/22/21: Added Attack 2 animation. (Means the primary weapon turns from sword to dagger mode), as well as Moonman's improved version for me during the conversation.
Contents

Katana Maiden (Fixed) (Model)

Katana Maiden (Old) (Model)

Katana Maiden Portrait (Fixed) (Model)

Katana Maiden Portrait (Old) (Model)

Katana Maiden Icon (Icon)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. The model was quite an interesting edit of the original Night Elf Watcher, after some improvements in textures and filesize it can definitely be approved. Why this is better than some of the other ones is because you transformed it quite a...
Level 8
1629627590373.png

Um ... I'm a little confused, why is she holding the katana like that? This looks extremely silly, even though her attack is directed differently. I advise you to rotate the katana so that the arc of the blade looks aesthetically pleasing.

Updt:Now everything is fine ... But the guy above is right, the hat needs to be worked on. I would advise not to make it so oval, but to round it more. In addition, the hat is unnatural, and you can simply stretch it, yes, then it will be flat and round, but such hats were worn.

Last edited:
Approved.

The model was quite an interesting edit of the original Night Elf Watcher, after some improvements in textures and filesize it can definitely be approved.

Why this is better than some of the other ones is because you transformed it quite a lot from the original base model. With a few matching geosets, nice recolors and the overall theme just looks good and unique together.
While yes, there are no other stand animations, same can be said about the original Reforged model, and making new animations is quite a lot of work.

Approved.

The model was quite an interesting edit of the original Night Elf Watcher, after some improvements in textures and filesize it can definitely be approved.

Why this is better than some of the other ones is because you transformed it quite a lot from the original base model. With a few matching geosets, nice recolors and the overall theme just looks good and unique together.
While yes, there are no other stand animations, same can be said about the original Reforged model, and making new animations is quite a lot of work.
Thanks, pal.