• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DPS / Damage Done meters with multiboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
does any1 know how to make DPS (Damage per Second) or Damage done meters using multiboards? I tried messing around with it, but i am very bad at using multiboards. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to get started making one?

Level 3
You could always try something like this:

(Note, I used leaderboard)

Damage Meter Startup:
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
    • Set DamageMeterHashtable = (Last created hashtable)
    • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Damage meter
        • Set DamageMeterLeaderboard = (Last created leaderboard)
        • Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0
Damage Meter Count:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Load 0 of 0 from DamageMeterHashtable) Not equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Load 1 of 1 from DamageMeterHashtable) - (Integer((Life of (Attacked unit))))))
            • Leaderboard - Change the value for (Picked player) in DamageMeterLeaderboard to DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            • Leaderboard - Sort DamageMeterLeaderboard by Value in Descending order
      • Else - Actions
        • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Integer((Max life of (Attacked unit)))) - (Integer((Life of (Attacked unit))))))
            • Leaderboard - Change the value for (Picked player) in DamageMeterLeaderboard to DamageDone[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            • Leaderboard - Sort DamageMeterLeaderboard by Value in Descending order
    • Hashtable - Save (Integer((Life of (Attacked unit)))) as 0 of 0 in DamageMeterHashtable
I'm not sure if it works, haven't tested it.
I couldn't make an DPS meter, sorry. :(
If it doesn't work try edit it to see if you get it right.

Level 5
@Yoafu
Thanks, let me test it out and see if it works

@Flood
Yes, a multiboard that shows the total damage a player has done, that can be reset. And the damage meter is not what I'm looking for, but I don't fully understand the concept. The multiboard will be for 7 players on multiplayer.

I wanted the multiboard to be similar to dps/damage charts in WoW and World of Warcraft Raiding maps to show which players have done the most damage.

P.S. Thanks to both of you for taking time to help me out!
+rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.