• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Downloading models from here? How should i go about giving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone

Me and a mate are looking into making a map, with some custom models and spells from this site.

How should i go about downloading them and giving the original author of the models due credit for his creation and do i have to ask ask the author his permission to use the model or just give him credit for it, in a quest trigger or something

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i dont want to rip off any ones work so i though its best to ask.

Level 25
Most people stick with adding it in the quest menu, which is fine

Others go with sticking it in the loading screen, also fine

What isn't good is sticking it in the triggers of the map where no one can get to it

Status
Not open for further replies.