• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Downloading issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I will admit that I am a newcomer to the site and I am not terribly experienced with modding or map editing. That said, I am no greenhorn to downloading.

Whenever I download a map, such as "A Song of Ice and Fire2.8a Protected" for example, the file properly saves and the map begins to load onto the editor, but just as it finishes uploading onto the editor, a window comes up and says that unit files are missing or damaged and that the map is unable to load. :goblin_boom:

How can I rectify this issue? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Level 1
Thank you!

That said, how can I download the file and then play it on WC III: TFT? Is it possible to do this without the hassle of hosting it on Bnet and downloading it from there?

Level 9
Thank you!

That said, how can I download the file and then play it on WC III: TFT? Is it possible to do this without the hassle of hosting it on Battle.net and downloading it from there?

Not at all friend, when you download the map from the hive your given two options of the window that pops up; Open and Save.

Instead of opening the file save it instead, to be able to play it in Warcraft 3 you have to save it to the Maps folder, usually its best to place downloaded maps in the scenario sub folder, since some won't appear / work if not placed here.

Also when you download maps from Battle.net it will make a folder called Downloads. Just incase your wondering where those maps are.

Hope I was of some help. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 1
Wow! Thank you both for your speedy answers! I hope this thread will at least help other pathetically green members figure out how to properly utilize maps. Thank you again so much! :)

Level 27
Oh, if you'll want to open some protected Warcraft 3 map to see it's code or whatever, the only right way would be contacting the map's author asking to give you an unprotected version.
Of course, there is such thing as "deprotecting maps" on your own, but that's pretty much wrong to do, and Hiveowrkshop doesn't support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.